Good news about my new Cobra.

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
The guys at the track told me 5400+...

I just went and took a look at SVT's site... And it said... 4670... so your a lot closer than I was...

So figure 4800+ with Driver...

Peace,

Dave

TIAMAT

Established Member
HEY VINTAGEPORSCHEG

A little soft are we? I was not slamming you or calling anyone stupid. I have an opinion and I can share it just like you. The only thing i was stating was my interest in the mach 1. When the new cobra is a year old and the mach 1 is brand new you'll be saying the same thing. "The new mach 1 is so bad ass!" And it will be! What I was trying to SHARE was, in my opinion, putting a s/c on an extremely aged and limited platform does not warrant the extreme price hike. We need the new platform to bring in the new age and the according price hike. This is what we should be paying for the new 5.0 dohc cobra due in 05'. Just think about it, by the time the new age cobra comes out it will be close in price to the c5 vette. Ford, if they do give us the mach 1 in the form they have stated, will be a great performance bargain. Alot of horsepower, lighter, and will be drag ready out of the box. The IRS is an excellent addition to make the cobra a great handler, but it is somewhat of a weak piece for drag racing. The 03' cobra will be great, as will the mach 1. I'm saying I would go with the mach 1. Don't be so sensitive. Or you might be paying that mark up. That would make me pissy too. As i said before, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR COBRA! I really do mean that. J-mart:p

Black Cobra

Established Member
Here is a Dealer for you.

An e-mail I received....

"1st of all-- Let me apologize Profusely. We had a meeting this morning and I was informed that NO cobra will sell for less than 5000 Over MSRP-- Walkin in Traffic will be 10K over and Internet Will be 5K over. So unfortunately we can't accept MSRP this year on this car. They hadn't met to discuss this car until this morning since we are starting to order them and even though I told them that you and I had agreed on MSRP I was told to notify you and Cancel our transaction before it went any further.

Once again-- I apologize from the Bottom of my heart. I just assumed that the process would be the same as in the past but with this being a Totally new and hot commodity- my hands are tied.. Very similar to the T-bird which is 10K over walkin and 5K over Internet..

If you've already mailed the check-- I'll send it back as soon as I receive it..

I am So Very Sorry to have to do this--but my hands are tied..

Please accept my apology and forgive me for this grave error in pricing.

Humbly

Bob Haines
Internet & Fleet Manager
Adamson Ford"

This dealer is in Birmingham Alabama. I highly recommend them. In fact, I like them so much that I need to let Ford and SVT know about the outstanding customer service they are providing.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Re: Here is a Dealer for you.

Originally posted by Black Cobra
An e-mail I received....

"1st of all-- Let me apologize Profusely. We had a meeting this morning and I was informed that NO cobra will sell for less than 5000 Over MSRP-- Walkin in Traffic will be 10K over and Internet Will be 5K over. So unfortunately we can't accept MSRP this year on this car. They hadn't met to discuss this car until this morning since we are starting to order them and even though I told them that you and I had agreed on MSRP I was told to notify you and Cancel our transaction before it went any further.

Once again-- I apologize from the Bottom of my heart. I just assumed that the process would be the same as in the past but with this being a Totally new and hot commodity- my hands are tied.. Very similar to the T-bird which is 10K over walkin and 5K over Internet..

If you've already mailed the check-- I'll send it back as soon as I receive it..

I am So Very Sorry to have to do this--but my hands are tied..

Please accept my apology and forgive me for this grave error in pricing.

Humbly

Bob Haines
Internet & Fleet Manager
Adamson Ford"

This dealer is in Birmingham Alabama. I highly recommend them. In fact, I like them so much that I need to let Ford and SVT know about the outstanding customer service they are providing.

Are they ****ing smoking crack! 5000-10000 over MSRP. They have to be. There are going to be 5000+ of these cars. They won't sell a 1/3 of them if they think they are going to get 5K+ over sticker. Greedy ass dealers make me sick. There is a dealer 15 minutes from me that has 3, count them 3, thunderbirds that have been sitting on their lot for MONTHS because they want 7k over sticker.

My dealer gladly took my order at sticker. If you want, call my dealer (Jannel Ford) and have them ship you a car. The shipping from MA to CA is A LOT LESS than 5k.

Undy

Established Member
Let the price gouging begin..... I hope ( although common sense dictates otherwise ) that every dealer who gets greedy with the 03 ends up getting stuck with them.. Preferably lodged up some backside orifice! I'm just glad that I've got a dealer that isn't an a$$hole and allowed me, along with others, to buy it X-Plan.....3 grand UNDER MSRP!!! Sorry about the rant, I just had to let it out.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
:lol:

TELL EVERYONE, infact, copy the sob back with a link to this web site so he can read it....

Planet Ford in Dayton, Ohio has my order confirmed in writing at MSRP which I am now thinking I may have been too genererous on, however, I want this car and am willing to pay full price....

I believe that if you have a deal in writing that he is breaching a written contract.

I would tell him that if he refuses to honor this agreement that he is proving himself liable for losses both financial and possibly emotional directly relating to his dealerships failure to fullfill.

One of our local news stations has a thing they do for cases like this called "Turn to 2" where they will contact the dealer and ask them to resolve this matter, if they get no response (which they hope for I think) they show up with cameras and ask why. Then air it on the news..... Try this too.

Then I would go and file suit against the dealer and also against the Salesman and or Sales Manager in the court.

The best way to beat a Son of a Bitch is to be a MoFo....

:cuss:

Crusader

Established Member
The Markup battle can be won!

I was sorely depressed about the markup, but someone on another post here inspired me by saying that I shouldn't have to pay anymore than MSRP. So, I went to the SVT website to find dealers in my area and started calling them one by one. Most dealers are doing the $5000 markup and atleast one told me $10,000! Ridiculous to say the least. Then, I got lucky... I was at Costco and picked up a brochure on the Costco auto program. I contacted them and they put me in contact with a dealer in the area that utilized their program (I had to ask for an SVT dealer.) But anyway, a sales guy called me within 20 minutes and we started talking. Come to find out that the SVT vehicles are not included in the program, BUT this dealer is serious when they do not sell their cars higher than MSRP. As a matter of fact when I got there I saw to new T-birds at sticker on the lot. I had told him that I wasn't driving all the way down there unless he could give me a written quarantee that I was getting the car at MSRP. He said no problem. When I got there two guys treated me like a king. And while I was there he showed me the secret price list on all their cars for Costco card holders and all of them were like 100 and 200 over invoice and that's it! So anyway, then the owner and president of the dealership came out shook my hand and thanked me for coming. I was in heaven after searching for three weeks and giving up four times. SOOO anyway, I left a deposit, picked my colors, and left with a written contract for the 03 Cobra at MSRP and HERE IN SOUTHERN CA!!! Stoked. SO LET ME INSPIRE ANYONE DISCOURAGED WITH THE MARKUP... THERE ARE DEALERS THAT PRIDE THEMSELVES IN NEVER MARKING UP THE PRICE NO MATTER WHAT, KEEP LOOKING. Screw all those greedy bastard dealerships and the people willing to let them get away with it!
CRZ8R.:cool:

Yellow Horse

Established Member
If someone pays more than MSRP for an 03 they will have a big fat "S" stamped on their forehead. No for sucker. But for "Sorry" real sorry. I'd drive 1000 miles to save $5000 any day.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
no kidding.. thats 5bucks/mile. As the odomter goes up twords 1000 the sound of cha ching will make you feel better.

You could buy a car from across country and pay 1000 in shipping fees and STILL save 4gs.

TIAMAT

Established Member
Respect

Everyone on this site has a good head on their shoulders. The 03' cobra is a very nice car. But don't let some dealership think they are doing any of you guys a favor by selling you a cobra for msrp. Hopefully after a couple of months of sales the dealerships will remember you guys are die hard ford fans coming back to purchase another cobra from their dealership and be true to their people. If you buy a cobra and then come back maybe a year or too later and buy another one, for the most part you will be paying more than you were currently paying. For a car that has change a little, alot or has not changed in the least, that is a true testament of the mustangs power. Some dealers know this and respect it, some take full advantage of it. Good luck guys!!!!
J-mart

Established Member
yah, do not pay above MSRP for this thing. Ford says they will make 10000. There is no justification for the markup. The dealership I bought my car from is not an SVT dealership, so they actually only get a little over $500 per SVT they sell and they gave me mine without the $500 boost. They couldn't give me any lower because then they would actually owe the SVT dealership they got the car from. That was in May. 7000-somethin total made and I got mine for the equivalent to MSRP close to the beginning of the production run. #473. Pay sticker or walk out laughing...

cobra 829

Established Member
in the detroit area you can pick one up for a- plan or invoice or a little over i thank ford should start to watch to stop them for price gouging i work for ford so if i cant get a discount i wont buy the car these dealers need to be boycotted :bash: :cuss:

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra 829
in the detroit area you can pick one up for a- plan or invoice or a little over i thank ford should start to watch to stop them for price gouging i work for ford so if i cant get a discount i wont buy the car these dealers need to be boycotted :bash: :cuss:

I'm getting mine at MSRP.

tronny

I know this may seem goofy, but I have tried all angles and made the best deal I could. I got (in writing) the 03 Cobra for $2500 over MSRP. I know, I am sure many people will respond to this telling me thats way too much. I live in South Florida, where cars sell like mad. I have had dealers laugh at me over the phone when I tell them I want someone to sell me a car at MSRP. I've attempted to get X-plan prices (I am with a company who has a relationship with Ford) and everything.

Frustrated, I called Ford Customer Service. They were nice and said this price gouging is a rampant problem. They gave me a fax number and asked me to put, in writing, my experiences trying to buy this car even at MSRP. I'd gladly pay it. For those of you who can get this car at MSRP, X dollars over invoice, or even A-plan -- congradulations. As for me, unless someone has a dealer in South Florida that can deliver me some sort of hook up I am stuck with this deal.

I wanted my car in October, so I am still 6+ months away from delivery. Maybe before then, something will work out where I can get the car for less. I just really want this car. I'm hoping the second run (starts in September for October) will see perhaps different pricing, where there is a few cobras on the lot and I won't feel so pressured with them dangling the keys in front of me demanding even more. Like I said, I got the price in writing, and for $2500, I don't think thats worth the hassle of shipping a car.

Let me know what you guys think, am I crazy? I only put $1000 down and it is 100% refundable. I really want this car, with the options I wanted (blue, charcoal inserts, chrome wheels) and I still think it is worth the $35K + options.... the $2500 wont kill me, but who likes paying more for something that others can get for under MSRP. It sucks. I'm nuts, but for now I have no choice.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
tronny,

Go to SVT's website and get a list of dealers in Fla and call them. I'd sure drive a few hundred miles for $2500. And $1000 for a deposit is a disgrace. It pays to shop around. Man don't let them do that to you. I tried to link it but I can't remember the address.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
My little bro put his order in a Village Ford in Dearborn MI... He is buying "A-PLAN". It all boils down to dealership, this is your typical supply and demand event. Some dealerships have a harder time selling SVT products, some will treat you good if your a good $$$ client. Shop Shop Shop...

Good Luck! :D

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
tronny: you are crazy. that dealership is raping you. right in the arse.

go here..
http://www.dealerconnection.com/default.asp?FDVE=true&source=SVT

put in your zip, and call every one of your svt dealers in your area. if you cant get one at msrp, call every svt dealer in florida. I would be willing to drive ATLEAST anywhere in florida to save 2500 bucks. those dickhead dealers charge 2500 over msrp because guys like you are willing to pay it. When/If you find the car at MSRP, tell your dealer, "Listen give me the car at MSRP or I want my money back because I found another dealer thats going to sell me the car at msrp."

If enough of you guys that are willing to pay 2k+ over sticker tell those dealers to shove their heads up their ass, I'm sure we wouldn't have to go through this every time a cobra is released.

I don't know about the rest of the guys here, but I would be willing to travel ATLEAST 500 Miles each way to save 2500 bucks. Call dealers in Atlanta or Alabama.

Crusader

Established Member
MSRP OR BUST

Tronny, Dude, Don't bow down to a price over MSRP. There is definately a dealer within driving distance that will write you a contract at MSRP. I found one and I am in Southern California! Southern Florida isn't any different than SoCal. Go to this website...
www.svt.ford.com and click on the 'find a dealer link'. Then call every single one within a two or even three hour drive until you find one. And make sure that you are getting a written guarantee before you even drive there. Dude the markup is totally arbitrary to each dealership. They markup them up if they want, as much as they want, but they are not required to. Its like blasphemy if you ask me. Ford should just sell the cars over the internet straight to consumers. CRZ8R :xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread