Good performance shops in Northern IL or Iowa??

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
In the next month or so I will be lowering the car, installing CC plates, front & rear bump steer kit, new plugs, new mid-pipe, thinking about FLSFC, and would like to get a new tune. I will be doing all the installs (minus FLSFC) myself.

Looking for shops in Northwestern Illinois, Northern Illinois towards Chicago, and near the Illinois/Iowa border.

Are there any reputable shops in the area that can set-up the bumpsteer properly? Would also like to know of some good tuners around here (I have a Diablo Predator). Also, I haven't talked to a shop yet that knows what the hell FLSFC are, much less how to install them. I live in Illinois between Peoria and the Quad Cities (about 1 hr. to each city) so there is not much to choose from locally.

I have heard that Anderson Ford in Clinton, IL has a good performance shop. However, I haven't heard many good reviews on them with tuning 4V engines. Anybody have any experience with them? Tuners: I know of Bob Kurgan in Chicago but I think he deals mostly with SCT. Other than these options, I'm stuck. Need opinions!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

86merc

Established Member
You can not go wrong with Deans Performance for the installs.

And Bob Kurgan is GREAT to deal with when it comes to tuning or parts. Great customer service and a wealth of knowledge. And Diablo is no problem for him. Tunes with it all the time. Bob has been tuning my car for years. Nothing but happy with him.

also check this out.....link

Best way to get a hold of him-----> [email protected]

Last edited:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys! Keep'em coming.

On a side note, I have even been looking for tuners near St. Louis (my stomping grounds) but STL or Chicago are about the same distance from me so it really doesn't matter. Have looked into Mustang Muscle in STL and then of course Steig...but them I might feel compelled to go with a ported blower. lol

Last edited:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
Checked out Dean's website and gave them a call. Their prices seem very reasonable IMO. I will have to stop by there if I decide to go with a Bob Kurgan tune.

Skrat

Established Member
Speed Inc for the shop.
Kurgan with the tune!!

Never went to him, but I hear Hans is great too

Users who are viewing this thread