Good Price

mach2009

Established Member
I am looking at a 2004 cobra with 16000 miles, its bone stock with new tires. It's been in an accident but I was told the front radiator support is original, all that was replaced was the front bumper and headlight. It's selling for 22,600 how does that sound? It's torch red if that matters.

Thanks

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I wouldn't pay that price.

I wouldn't pay near that for a car that has been wrecked.

Move away from that car and look for something that has a nice, clean record.

Chris01Bullitt

Established Member
It's a decent price but I mean it's been in an accident and you would really have to get underneath to make sure nothing is broke or twisted or whatever. Good luck!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Every body panel has the vin# on it. Check on the front fenders and such to see if they are there. I believe it should even be on the front clip somewhere but I don't know where. For the fenders look under the hood around the strut location. There will be a sticker there. I check any vehicle I buy for this. Just do a quick check of the doors and the trunk lid also. Or anywhere else you can find the vin.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
too high for being hit, no matter how small. little neg should take care of that. but like always, if its what you want,has been fixed to your satisfaction,and you can afford it, then buy it.

mach2009

Established Member
Thanks for the replies, if I go see it I'll defintly check the VIN, thanks for the heads up posi. I wasn't sure if that was a good price for one or if its too high for even a clean cobra.

rexisme

Established Member
It depends, does it show up in a carfax or title check? Only reason for asking, which is no secret about my car, the front bumper and a couple other things have been replaced due to me being ignorant and hitting a curb that I would take at an angle and hit head on. However the damage that was done,doesn't matter too much because I had the parts to change already. It had a plated front bumper, I bought and had a non drilled oem ford bumper in the basement before that happened,it off centered the h/e, I had a new one to be put on. This post might be a babble but I'm drunk and I hope it helps.

mach2009

Established Member
Haha yeah you kind of went off on a tangent towards the end there. I am getting the car fax tomorrow, so I'll see what shows up. The sticker was 24,995 but after talking to them they lowered to 22,600 then told me it had an accident with the front bumper. I'm not too sure what to offer them back knowing it had damage.

snakezilla

Established Member
Haha yeah you kind of went off on a tangent towards the end there. I am getting the car fax tomorrow, so I'll see what shows up. The sticker was 24,995 but after talking to them they lowered to 22,600 then told me it had an accident with the front bumper. I'm not too sure what to offer them back knowing it had damage.

I say no more than 18k if you really want it just because of the accident

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
This is the one of the few times I would take it to a dealership to have them go over the car. Find one close to you and speak to the service manager your self. make an appointment and take the car in . It may cost you $100 but they will tell you what was damage,fixed and if it was fixed with OEM parts. You can then bid with confidence on the car. If it is fixed right then I would bid $21K-$21.5 K. Is the title clear also?

GL

mach2009

Established Member
It's being sold at a dealership, the car salesman told me about the front end damage. I requested a car fax in the road side pub so once I get that I should be able to move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread