Good Race Comming Up for Me!

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Trust me your car runs 13.5 in 1/4 with a (2.2 60 ft) is damn good considering you have stock converter and you don't have lot mods listed.You are pushing at most 15rwhp more with mods you have remember lose alot more in drivetrain(being auto) than stick.Let other people ck out and they will say same for what you have your time is damn good.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Originally posted by fastball19
To tell you the truth i kno the key to my car is the tune! The boys over at MAK PEROFORMANCE in Hialeah got my car running sweet as hell the shift points are awesome and 1st and 2nd gear are quick as **** in my car and i have a real strong 3rd gear!

The tunning they did was awesome! Iam having problems now but they will soon be fixed. I want to Win this race if that means i come out in slicks then ohh well!

Ohh Yea it will take place at the track after all these Hurricanes here in south florida!
Good I hope you win.I rather see a fellow ford win over chevy guy.:beer:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by fastball19

i have a freind who has a 02 Ram Air Trams AM he went 13.4 with a cutout as well but thats a RAM AIR different car!

Same engine, the 02's did get the LS6 intake though. The ram air does help some, but if he has modded his whisperlid and done the free ram air trick they should be close. Should be a close race, good luck.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Originally posted by 87fcoupe
Trust me your car runs 13.5 in 1/4 with a (2.2 60 ft) is damn good considering you have stock converter and you don't have lot mods listed.You are pushing at most 15rwhp more with mods you have remember lose alot more in drivetrain(being auto) than stick.Let other people ck out and they will say same for what you have your time is damn good.

I trust you but i still say it's normal :shrug: That day in Morroso at the track the AODE GT's where all running the same with the same mods i had! There was one that went 13.2 but he had Plenum & TB combo and 15x8 welds with Drag radials.

There was another that went 13.7 with just a xpipe castback
TB and Pullys. The newer 99+ GT run real good the AODE if you can lauch them right are bad ass off the whole.

And the Tranny cooler and Extra Clutches in the Tranny help out alot as well as far as the performance of the tranny and the life of the tranny!

My problem was my Nitto 555r there where BALD i really don't kno how they let me in thats why i think my 60ft was bad but my car made up for it in 2nd and 3rd gear! I kno that with better tires i would have gotton a better 60ft!

I got these a few days ago lets see if i could get them on before the race!

ebay011.gif

ebay013.gif

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Good luck with the headers should be fun.Yeah a friend of mine has 02 GT(5speed) with CAI, 70mm throttlebody, C@L plenum underdrive pulley, steeda adjuster,BBK longtubes, BBK off road X pipe, magnaflow catback exhuast, diablo predator tuner, 3.73(gears) triax shifter, and BFG drag radials and ran a best 13.33@103 mph (1.80) 60 ft.So you can see why i said that your mph is higher than his + his is 5 speed also his 60 ft is .4ths better than yours also he has alot more mods.And this was done at Bradenton Motorsport(which is and excellent track).Well good luck on your race.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Good luck with the headers should be fun.Yeah a friend of mine has 02 GT(5speed) with CAI, 70mm throttlebody, C@L plenum underdrive pulley, steeda adjuster,BBK longtubes, BBK off road X pipe, magnaflow catback exhuast, diablo predator tuner, 3.73(gears) triax shifter, and BFG drag radials and ran a best 13.33@103 mph (1.80) 60 ft.So you can see why i said that your mph is higher than his + his is 5 speed also his 60 ft is .4ths better than yours also he has alot more mods.And this was done at Bradenton Motorsport(which is and excellent track).Well good luck on your race.

Wow iam shocked with all that your friend should pull a 13.1 to 13.0 with that!

I saw a 2003 GT 5speed pull a 13.3 with
FMS - 373 Gears
MAC- CAI
STEEDA- UD Pullys
MAC- Xpipe
MAGNA FLOW- Catback
Diablo delta chip
and nitto 555r
ACCUFAB - T-Body & Plenum

Stock shifter and no longtubes! You just gotta drive them right out the whole! he pulled a 1.9 60ft and did a 106mph!

And this was at Morroso which is a so-so track!

Last edited:

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Maybe but his 60 ft is pretty good for drag radials(1.80 60 ft).For being stock suspension and some bolt on with no power adder.I think his time is pretty good considering when it was stock on drag radials, CAI(air silencer remove) best was 13.98@98 mph and 60 ft was 1.94 !

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Maybe but his 60 ft is pretty good for drag radials(1.80 60 ft).For being stock suspension and some bolt on with no power adder.I think his time is pretty good considering when it was stock on drag radials, CAI(air silencer remove) best was 13.98@98 mph and 60 ft was 1.94 !

thats good for just cai and drag radials! but with all those mods NOW he could pull a better time! The AODE and the 5 speed off the hole are almost equal but the 5 speed take charge in the highway and roll raced the AODE are off the hole cars!

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Untrue a stock auto or stick a manuel will be quicker.Think you even stated how 5 speed mustang run high low 14's to high 13's and auto run mid 14's(we are talking about stock auto) no stall converter, etc!Look at Mach 1 test of the 5 speed and auto about a .6-.8 tenths of a difference.Out of the hole depends on alot of things setup, suspension, weight, and also driver.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Most people don't know how to lauch a AODE GT you put a pair of drag radials on a GT AODE and it will pull the same time as a 5 speed will in the 1/4 mile. I have seen it done. Granted the 5 speed do it on street tires but thats still impressive you just get it and take it out the hole right.

A perfect example IS the MACH 1 It ran a 13.6 and the AODE ran 13.7. These times are off the MACH 1 run a lower time then that we all kno that but this was done by Motor Trend, If you look back they had a whole article about the AODE Mach 1. It was really Impressive. And when i go to the track i see the AODE run well low 13's all day Stock!and so do the 5 speed!

Another good example is the LS1's they run mid to low 13's STOCK in 6 speed or Auto, It is a bigger engine but its the time that counts! Its all about how you get off the whole!

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
MM@FF did a story on Mach1 auto and manuel.Manuel(5 speed) best of 13.17@105 mph.Auto best 13.80@103 mph.So my theory is a stick is quicker than a stock auto. Now if you have a built auto with a stall,etc then a little different.Stock for stock a stick and auto the dtick car will win(if driver knows how to drive).My mustang has a TKO 600 (5 spd) and my old setup ran best of mid 10's.Now i have a new and improved stroked motor= better times.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
MM@FF did a story on Mach1 auto and manuel.Manuel(5 speed) best of 13.17@105 mph.Auto best 13.80@103 mph.So my theory is a stick is quicker than a stock auto. Now if you have a built auto with a stall,etc then a little different.Stock for stock a stick and auto the dtick car will win(if driver knows how to drive).My mustang has a TKO 600 (5 spd) and my old setup ran best of mid 10's.Now i have a new and improved stroked motor= better times.

Again Motor Trend went 13.6 and AODE went 13.7 but the times could be lower they have pussy drivers

I see AODE Mach1's run 13.5 and lower in the track Stock!
all the time! but again i still say it depends how hard you come off the hole. We just have a difference in option thats all:D :beer:

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
Let's settle it okay, you have a auto I have a stick car okay run them and find out which one will win :lol: Just kidding.But i will bring up a point a friend i work with has a bone stock 03 GT(5sp) and a friend of his(i know) has a bone stock 03 GT(auto) only mods CAI and synthetic oil.Well I was with my buddy in the (5sp) and another friend was with him(auto)ran from a stand still to (0-120) and my buddy with (5spd) took him from(0-60) 2 car lengths and (60-120) 4 car lengths.So i witness this and we probally weigh about 100 lbs more than them.So i still believe stock for stock a stick car is faster(with a good driver):beer:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Let's settle it okay, you have a auto I have a stick car okay run them and find out which one will win :lol: Just kidding.But i will bring up a point a friend i work with has a bone stock 03 GT(5sp) and a friend of his(i know) has a bone stock 03 GT(auto) only mods CAI and synthetic oil.Well I was with my buddy in the (5sp) and another friend was with him(auto)ran from a stand still to (0-120) and my buddy with (5spd) took him from(0-60) 2 car lengths and (60-120) 4 car lengths.So i witness this and we probally weigh about 100 lbs more than them.So i still believe stock for stock a stick car is faster(with a good driver):beer:

I have been in the same place a 99 GT speed vs a 2001 AODE Was dead even till about 80 mph! And my buddy in the 1999 GT is a good driver, he got his 1998 GT 5 speed to run a 14.2 Stock so thats good! My buddy in the 1999 Stock ran a 14.0 in the 5 speed and my bubby in the 01 AODE ran a 14.3 Stock at the track.
In quater mile yes the stick will be faster NA but off the whole if done right there both the same! Now ask anyone when you throw boost in its different but that a different converstion!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread