Goodyear Blimp Crashes....

3_21_0617_blimp_crash.jpg

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. — A Goodyear blimp (search) crash-landed Thursday in an industrial park and the two people aboard were briefly trapped inside while electrical crews cleared the site, authorities said.

The "Stars & Stripes" blimp may have gotten tangled in power lines when it went down near Pompano Beach Air Park (search), where it's based, said Coral Springs police spokesman Mike Moser.

The two people on board weren't injured, said Kathleen Bergen, spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration (search). FAA investigators were on the scene hours later.

Authorities said bad weather might have forced the blimp down. There were thunderstorms in the area at the time.

"It went right over our building and was making really loud noises," Maryann Clark, general manager of a Red Lobster restaurant, told The Miami Herald. She said restaurant workers and customers looked out the windows to see the blimp coming down tail-first, at a steep angle.

"It looked like it was trying to land in our parking lot, but there are too many trees," she said.

The blimp is one of three Goodyear blimps based in the United States. Goodyear leases about 32 acres at the air park as a blimp base, according to the park's Web site.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159843,00.html

thatd be crazy to watch happen

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yeah, blimps are cool. hell, just the word "blimp" sounds cool. blimp, blimp, blimp. lol.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Capt. Shockwave said:
3_21_0617_blimp_crash.jpg

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. — A Goodyear blimp (search) crash-landed Thursday in an industrial park and the two people aboard were briefly trapped inside while electrical crews cleared the site, authorities said.

The "Stars & Stripes" blimp may have gotten tangled in power lines when it went down near Pompano Beach Air Park (search), where it's based, said Coral Springs police spokesman Mike Moser.

The two people on board weren't injured, said Kathleen Bergen, spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration (search). FAA investigators were on the scene hours later.

Authorities said bad weather might have forced the blimp down. There were thunderstorms in the area at the time.

"It went right over our building and was making really loud noises," Maryann Clark, general manager of a Red Lobster restaurant, told The Miami Herald. She said restaurant workers and customers looked out the windows to see the blimp coming down tail-first, at a steep angle.

"It looked like it was trying to land in our parking lot, but there are too many trees," she said.

The blimp is one of three Goodyear blimps based in the United States. Goodyear leases about 32 acres at the air park as a blimp base, according to the park's Web site.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159843,00.html

thatd be crazy to watch happen
lol, that sucks.

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Yeah they had a flood warning in effect. The weather was nasty as a focker. Can they just use a can of fix o flat?:shrug:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
i think that's a zepplin you dip shit :D hydrogen<helium. :burn: :beer:

Easy, tough guy.
:poke:

I'm sorry for not knowing my dirigibles. :kaboom:

Technically the only difference is the Zeppelin has a rigid frame, and a blimp does not. :read:

Last edited:

johnnyrocket

Established Member
Big Top GT said:
The funny thing is I saw that thing struggling to gain some altitude when the storms hit yesterday. Who knew it was going to crash... strange...

Alan
I live right across the street from where it came down, My son was watching it fight the storm. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HHSSSSS said:
o, that's a blimp? i thought i was my supervisor. she doubles as the goodyear blimp on her days off.
Did you know that she is a registered poster here? :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread