Google Shopping Censors All Gun, Ammo & Accessories Results

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hrrmph. As a gun-owning, California-residing, Google-using internet shopper, I'm not thrilled with this development either. I don't have more specific information about the why - there was an announcement ( Building a better shopping experience on Google - Google Merchant Center Help ) and the change isn't limited to guns; it's everything which is not 'family safe'.

Usually there's some good back-story to these changes -- in this case I don't know what it is, and if I did I'd be duty-bound not to share it. Sorry, guys.

Last

Established Member
Hrrmph. As a gun-owning, California-residing, Google-using internet shopper, I'm not thrilled with this development either. I don't have more specific information about the why - there was an announcement ( Building a better shopping experience on Google - Google Merchant Center Help ) and the change isn't limited to guns; it's everything which is not 'family safe'.

Usually there's some good back-story to these changes -- in this case I don't know what it is, and if I did I'd be duty-bound not to share it. Sorry, guys.

Thanks for the response, I don't think anyone was counting on you spilling the beans about anything your not supposed to be talk about.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i don't think so, i clicked the link and didn't ring anything up
Says no results for me as well.
interesting. i get full results when i look it up in opera, i don't get any results when i look it up in firefox:??:

it is censoring based on your location. Working fine up here.
what browser are you using?

no confidence in the 'safe search' feature or something? this really seems like a ridiculous decision when the 'safe search' could just be expanded to weed out dildos and ammo instead of censoring it for everyone.

Last edited:

Last

Established Member
Various things that you get results for on Google shopping:

Chainsaws
Knives
Dildos
Stink bombs
A Spear
Flame thrower

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

I was always under the presumption that guns kept your family safe...peace through strength and protection. Oh well.:bash:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Various things that you get results for on Google shopping:

Chainsaws
Knives
Dildos
Stink bombs
A Spear
Flame thrower

You better clear your search history. "Bob, why were you shopping for dildos and flame throwers?"

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
the change isn't limited to guns; it's everything which is not 'family safe'.

I like how Google takes it upon themselves to decide what isn't "family safe," rather than, you know, the families themselves. :bored:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Works here in TX just looked up "Ammo San Antonio About 1,110,000 results (0.19 seconds)"....

Planter

Banned
better start offloading that google stock now. that shit is about to drop through the floor with this move.

sell while you can!

Users who are viewing this thread