Got a 2.8 pulley installed and dyno'd my car today

specizripn

Established Member
I maxed out my MAF and my fuel system, so I'm a bit down on power above 5k rpms. My tuner tried his best and put a lot of work into it but just couldn't do much more without upgrading the MAF. I think I'll wait till I get ported or a TS to upgrade those. Was over 100 degrees in the shop so that didn't help much either. Heres the dyno
losq.jpg

03 cobra with JLT ram air, bassani cat back, steeda 2.8 with idler and professional dyno tune.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not bad numbers, but if I were you I would upgrade those items! You maxed that stuff out on a hot day, imagine what could happen in 50-60 degree weather? You'll likely make more power, hopefully your tuner made enough adjustments for that. I maxed out my fpdc and added a kb bap. My maf was fine though.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I bet only your MAF is maxing out. Your pumps should easily be able to support 500 unless you only have one working.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
I am an hour south of you. jlt cai, 2.76, all idlers, lt's, or-x, magnaflow cat back. I didnt max my maf but really close @ 1007 counts on a 90 degree day. I have a mafi now and all is good. fp duty cycle hovers around 97% with rail pressure +40psi. Its crazy how much these car vary from car to car. Seems odd you fp's are maxed this early. I would start with a filter change and see if it drops your duty cycle. If not you might have a weak pump and or pumps.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
All good and viable responses above. Not bad numbers, I'm running: 2.8" upper, JLT, Bassani catless X and catback, Dragon TB and plenum ... Numbers below in my sig, and it sounds like you're a bit down on power (IMO). I'm @ 1000-1100' above sea level, car was also tuned on a 88* day with about 78-80% humidity .. with ancient plugs, filter, and belt.

My FPDC is upper 90's also, tuner believes it to be a weak pump. This week I'm going to install the following in the quest of lowering FPDC a bit, or at least peace of mind: new stock pumps (from a friend), replacing the corrugated hose with 20793 Gates R30 5/16" hose, new FP strainers, and a new fuel filter (this one is 4-5 years old !). I even replaced the tiny filters in the injectors.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You won't max your pumps until after low to mid 500's.

And my fpdc was maxed at 455/479. I don't like it that people say things on our cars are fine until a certain hp level. It's been proven every car is different. I added a bap and now my fpdc is upper 70's. My maf counts are fine though.:beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
my car with a 2.80 upper and the regular bolt on's was fine. I didn't max out the maf or the pumps. I made 460rwhp 480ishrwtq

specizripn

Established Member
Sorry guys I was a little vague. My fuel system was at 99% and my tuner said I probably need to change my fuel filter so i'm doing that next time I get a chance and I'm running some fuel system cleaner so it may bring that down, but my MAF is for sure pegged, which is why it gets less smooth above 5k rpms because he wasn't able to lean it out up there. I'm probably going to get back on the dyno this winter to see if my fuel system is changed, im going to make sure my tune is safe, and maybe install an upgraded maf and see where im at without blatant heat and humidity, with these mods.

Users who are viewing this thread