Got a new 5.0 to join in on the fun...5.0 Back In Black

bssmith1220

Established Member
I got mine the same way...no options except 3.73's. Lovin mine too. Ford did an awesome job, and like you said even though its base its got everything I would want.

Driver72

Established Member
Im curious to know how much your car weights.

I believe Ford lists the weight as 3603 or something like that.

Some car manufacturers will list the weights of the various models with the options included but most just list the "curb" weight of the base model.

The Premium probably adds only about 30 lbs (mostly the from the Shaker 500's speakers and amp and the little motors from the power seats).

The heavy options would be the Shaker 1000 which add around 20-30 lbs more and the glass roof which is about 70-80 lbs (all in the worst possible place too.)

The Brembo Brake Package may actually be lighter than the base car. The Brembo brakes weigh a bit more than the stock brakes, but the wheels and tires weigh less than the stock base cars (so that more than likely offset's most or all of the additional weight from the slightly larger pads/rotors) and you don't have the spare tire either, which saves 25-30 lbs. Sure a person with the base car could just remove the spare tire themselves and be lighter.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
Hi Harry!

Nice ride...Jack here from Sayville Ford..I know the guys from MM can't wait to see it
and watch you do a little burnout...lol Good luck....you are a true Stang guy!

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
sorry for nob question - what is sync ?

thanks

all that blue tooth enabled stuff, to sync up all your accesories like your phone, and crap for all wirless and hands free applications, and such.
theres more to it but you get the idea

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wow, didn't realize that you had your red car for so long! Congrats on the new purchase and can't wait to see what kind of times you will get out of it.

Any short term plans for it?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
It has the standard 3.31 gears. Will be keeping it that way too. When and if I run it, I will be running a 275-40-17 drag radial. So that change in tire height will bring the ratio to work pretty good in the 1/4. 27.25 is the stock height on the factory 235-50-18's. 25.66 is the height of the 275-40-17's.
And since I am back in a stick car...no tune needed :)

And believe me....these back ends are ugly with or without a spoiler. I call them the Butt Ugly Mustangs. Saleen has a sharp backend treatment. Search 2011 Saleen on Ebay. There is a silver one on there.

But I love the front,sides,inside and what Ford did that got me buying one, was the new 5.0 engine and 6 speed trans. I couldn't pass it up.

No real plans on mods at this time. Just enjoying the car as is.

Thanks so much everyone! I may disappoint a lot of you though...no racing videos or burnouts.

I got the car for 29,995.00 from Dana Ford in Staten Island.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I added a copy of the window sticker in the first photo post now too

I weighed the car last night 3,461 with half a tank

I have the stock 3.31 gears with 18's...as you go up in gears...you go up in wheel size too.....I have figured it all out before I bought the car. I will be running a 275-40-17 drag radial...the perfect setup for this car. Should be ripping some good times. I will be waiting to break her in and for the Fall cooler weather.

scan-window-sticket.jpg

96supersnake

Established Member
Nice Harry. I don't know how I overlooked this post, but congrats...I think it was smart to get it with less options, that is a great price i think...you still get what matters the most...

HotRodHarry

Established Member
No....she had most of all the goodies.....i gave people 6 tries on eBay to my the 10 sec 1/4 2007 with only 4500 miles....so I traded her in and got what I needed to get the new 5.0. My 07 was sold before it even hit the lot. I did turn the boost down to keep people from killing themselves.

96supersnake

Established Member
^^Sweet , thanks, I wondered if you let the blower go...someone will be happy you did. ha ha. I know I would..

Users who are viewing this thread