Got a new dd!!...and a new set of problems...

klr16G

Established Member
It happens all the time 04wmach but I don't know about this how the hell do all 4 rims get dented on the inside from just pot holes something else is going on here and you better make sure that car is straight as an arrow, also check all the suspension parts again and again. also re torque the suspension you would be able to tell if some other shop just wrenched them down or actually used a torque wrench to do it right.

TClark22

Established Member
The stock wheels aren't very strong. I have read a few peoples post about their wheels breaking all together from hitting larger rocks or whatnot.

I have 20k miles on my 13 ST, only issues I have are roaring tires that's coming from supposedly quiet tires (I'm running Continental DWS all seasons) and surprisingly low oil pressure when operating temp idle causing much valvetrain noise.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Highly unlikely considering the prybar doesn'teven touch the bottom part of the rim. Unless it was reverse mount but even then it wouldn't bend unless you smacked it with a hammer or something.

Same thing happened to my M3 when I had mine and I watched them and they didnt smack it with anything

04owmach

Established Member
Still waiting to hear from the service manager there as he is supposed to call me to setup a time to bring it in. I also sent them those same pictures and videos I posted on here late last night and have yet to hear anything back. I looked the car over really well while the shop here had it up and there isn't a a scratch or anything anywhere underneath so i don't think the suspension is harmed but will see when they get it in. Just frustrating as hell to go through this.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Damn, I didn't know a tire installer could bend a wheel. Probably what happened on my BMW then when I swapped from run flats to regular tires and found a bent rim.

oh yeah. you can bend anything with nipples.

Highly unlikely considering the prybar doesn'teven touch the bottom part of the rim. Unless it was reverse mount but even then it wouldn't bend unless you smacked it with a hammer or something.

i have a set of wheels here that would suggest otherwise.

It happens all the time 04wmach but I don't know about this how the hell do all 4 rims get dented on the inside from just pot holes something else is going on here and you better make sure that car is straight as an arrow, also check all the suspension parts again and again. also re torque the suspension you would be able to tell if some other shop just wrenched them down or actually used a torque wrench to do it right.

its possible the previous owner drove over a small curb or a big pothole or broken section of the rode. front wheels bang, then rear wheels bang.

definitely sucks being such a new car :nonono:

04owmach

Established Member
Called the dealer and no one had said a word to the service manager that was supposed to call me about this. Even after I sent the pics and vids to my salesman and asked him to pass them on. Why is customer service so hard???

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Called the dealer and no one had said a word to the service manager that was supposed to call me about this. Even after I sent the pics and vids to my salesman and asked him to pass them on. Why is customer service so hard???

theyre blowing you off, hoping you'll just give up and go away

Steve@Tasca

Looks like someone drove through a road construction project and hit a lip where the pavement had been ground down, happens quite often, I actually bent both rear wheels on my SVT that way.

Dealer really should fix the problem because it should have been noted by the tech that did the used car inspection.

-Steve

Sapperstang

Established Member
I would have been suspicious of that car to begin with. Miles are a bit high for the age. I'd also have to wonder why it had new tires with 9700 miles.

04owmach

Established Member
Well the car was bought at auction and was up in Michigan somewhere. Previous owner had it around 10 or 11 months so thats less than 12000 miles per year and i put 20000 per year on my last dd so i wasnt worried about that. Also i figured that they bought the car and put winter tires on it being in michigan and then bought new tires for it before they traded it in. Again this was all just my speculation on the car. Only info that came from the dealer was that it was bought at auction and what the carfax said. I'm leaning more towards steve@tf response because the outside of the wheels are not bent.

nickf2005

Established Member

If this is the dealer I think it is, then it's a case of them being so big that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. Do they happen to have 194729 Roush Mustangs for sale at $70,000 a piece?

04owmach

Established Member
Surprisingly it is not that dealer. They had several new ones that I was looking at also but this used one was still enough cheaper not to mess with them. I'll say this one is north west of the dealer you are thinking of.... If they don't figure this out pretty soon though I'm going to have to break out my SD card in the safe that SID and I have compiled over the years of friendship. Haha

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Surprisingly it is not that dealer. They had several new ones that I was looking at also but this used one was still enough cheaper not to mess with them. I'll say this one is north west of the dealer you are thinking of.... If they don't figure this out pretty soon though I'm going to have to break out my SD card in the safe that SID and I have compiled over the years of friendship. Haha

new svtp meme? lol

I have nipples Steve, can you bend me?

no homo

nickf2005

Established Member

Ah, I think I know who you're talking about now. Yeah, they're big too.

I usually take mine to the other one for service. They seem to have their crap together there at least in the Service department. Not so sure I'd buy a car there. They ask premium for everything they have!

04owmach

Established Member
Update. So dropped the car off on last saturday and was given a car to drive. Dirty, not cleaned up, straight from the auction 2013 focus that was definitely a previous smoker's car and i hate cigarette smoke, but I was given a car so i did not have to drive back and forth several times. Finally called at noon on tuesday and asked if my car had been looked at. They called me yesterday and told me that they had all 4 wheels repaired and it was ready to go. Picked it up last night and happy to say that the vibration is gone. So overall experience was so-so. They fixed as they said they would and provided me with a car to drive but could have been a little easier to work with overall. PM me if your in the central indiana area looking at dealers and i would be happy to share the name with you but not sure i want to put there name out there just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread