Got a Nice Suprise in the Mail!!!

SVT03Snake

I am an Insutance agent in MA.... your right there is not much room for discounts at all........ Just low mileage disc and antitheft for the most part.....

Ratt Fink

Established Member
As far as State Farm goes, I will say that when I wrecked RATT I, they were pretty darn good to me. They totaled it because it needed the front subframes replaced and had only 7k miles on it.
Gave me $33.7K, less my $1K deductible (this was right on the Kelley Blue book retail value). Then, I was able to buy back the wrecked car for 8k from them.
Without mentioning any other insurance names (OK, Nationwide), I can tell you that I have had a car totaled before (other persons fault) and went though 3 months of hassles before settling on a value that was "fair market value" from this other company, and about $2k less than Blue Book value. Sucked.
It was a pleasant surprise when I received the quote (on their 1st offer) from State Farm this time !! Then, I went and found another brand new Sonic Blue and worked a deal for $30K drive-out.

elmo0244

Established Member
state fram sucks anyway i pay 305 a month at geico for f/c on my three and an my 93 accord f/c i'm 26 and live in ky. we have hi ins. here and it went 17$ amonth from my 01 cobra to my 03.

JWC

Established Member
mjtpolice76 and zorba46 Ted is the reason you can't shop for insurance and probably why everboy's rate is so high. Man is MA a code word for "the old Soviet Union" I live in VA have State Farm and pay $476.00 per year for my 03.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
We have pretty high insurance here in New Mexico because they have showed statistics of close to 50% of people in the state do not have insurance, so those of us who do, pay for those losers who don't. 1987 LX 5.0 blown, 2002 Chevy Trailblazer (wifes) and my 2003 Cobra is $168 a month. I went from a 1992 Cavalier and the Cobra was only $38 more a month. Can't complain about that!! :rockon: This is through State Farm. Btw, 29 yrs old for what its worth.

Chris

DimMaK

Banned
I have a 96, 03 and 04 cobra along with a Wrangler to pull the boat or waverunner. Three of my vehicles are paid for. I am still under $2k for the year. Perfect driving record. Full coverage on all my cars. 100/300.

SonicTide

Established Member
Just got my statement a couple of weeks ago. Have State Farm and it went from $460 to $540 every 6 months. Didn't really comparison shop on insurance for this car, but when I have in the past, SF was definitely the best.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Ok...here's what I've found from comparison shopping.

Area: Denver (80231)
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Single

Coverage: 100/300 on cobra

Minimal coverage on '94 Golf

State Farm: $1682.24 per 6 months
Allstate: $1419.80 per 6 months
E-surance: $1275.00 per 6 months
American Family: $1101.00 per 6 months

Each quote I get is better and better.

I'm going to check a few more places, but I'm feeling better already. Looks like those of you with State Farm should shop around a little.

mjtpolice76

Established Member
This commonwealth is so messed up because of the stupid liberals running the show. Now we have gone and messed up the whole country on this gay marraige thing. what a waste of taxpayer dollars. We should have the Salem Witch trials again. I say the first to hang are those 4 liberal judges. This state makes me sick to my stomach. Just venting Sorry.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Originally posted by mjtpolice76
This commonwealth is so messed up because of the stupid liberals running the show. Now we have gone and messed up the whole country on this gay marraige thing. what a waste of taxpayer dollars. We should have the Salem Witch trials again. I say the first to hang are those 4 liberal judges. This state makes me sick to my stomach. Just venting Sorry.

"Any country that would deny a gay man the right to bridal registry is a fascist state." - Margret Cho

I think its particularly sad that not only would you not want people to be treated equally, but you would want to HANG anyone who DOES want to treat everyone equally.

This illustrates the exact issue that this whole debate is trying to improve in this country. If it gets rid of, or at least outlaws attitudes like yours, then I think the tax dollars are being very well spent.

Last edited:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Now...back to car insurance:

Geico is the lowest quote so far. $1090 for 6 months.

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
I just switched from State Farm to Allstate b/c the rates at State Farm were just getting rediculous. I now pay about $900/year for the '03 Cobra. This was about $400 cheaper than with State Farm. Overall I saved over $1k/year by switching my 2 Contours, '03 Cobra, and homeowners insurance over. I couldn't believe it....

BTW...26 married, clean record.....or at least it became clean when I turned 18... :)

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I have good news.

I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico. LOL.

Flatliner

THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE.
Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart

American Family: $1101.00 per 6 months

Each quote I get is better and better.

I'm going to check a few more places, but I'm feeling better already. Looks like those of you with State Farm should shop around a little.

Interesting I have state farm haven't received my bill but also sure it might go up. Interesting conversation with my friend last weekend on American Family that they lowered all his house, cars, and boat prices by a GOOD CHUNK. Your quote shows it... I hear they are good on claims, something else that they don't check credit records for those who have bad credit, then again.. you wouldn't have a Cobra then.

Anyway, something interesting... about a year ago I tried to get quotes because I was fed up with state farms rates... and as I got quoted by American Family, they told me they showed a claim and the rate would be hire, I said forget it.

Here is the thing they told me... if you do have a claim and there was no fault claimed, then you can request a letter from statefarm claiming no fault. With this... the other insurance companies won't hassle you. State farm will furnish the letter and is not allowed to ask why, but they usually know that you are shopping around.

davidmax

Established Member
My rates are CRAZY and rihtfully so.I and my family have had 6 accidents in 5 years and all with law suits,so we get nailed thousands per car.
Funny thing is with my 800+ Vette and Cobra my most expensive
is my Scoobie WRX 5700 annual,highly moded and I'm keeping her,Dave Smilovic

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
By the way, my worst quote was:

Liberty Mutual: $6880 per 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread