Got a Nice Suprise in the Mail!!!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Got my State Farm Insurance bill today in the mail, and notice the rate on my Cobra just went up $45 a month. Isn't that lovely? Guess lots of idiots are out there getting speeding tickets for over 120mph, and getting into nice wrecks in these cars.

Time to look around for another insurance carrier. Anyone have any luck with theirs being cheaper than State Farm?

Silver03

Established Member
Try American Family, my policy just renewed and didn't go up a bit. I'm only 26 and single and my premium is about $90/mo.

mjtpolice76

Established Member
At least you have the option to shop around for a insurance carrier that is cheaper. In MA the state sets the rate and shopping around does you no good. Plus we have the highest rates going.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
try geico...
$135 / mo for the cobra and a 01 rodeo.
married and 32

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I've never even HEARD of a rate increase in one shot going up $45!! Usually if there's a rate increase its $5 a month or so. This is just mind blowing.

I sure hope I can find some place better. I'll check with amercian family and with allstate.

I can TRY gieco, but the last time I tried them, they were about 50% higher than everyone else because I have one speeding ticket on my record from 2001.

Last edited:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Haha, sorry to hear. But guess what? My rate just dropped $96 a year....woohoo!

Z-COBRA

Bling & Zing
Established Member
As mjtpolice76 said,here we have no choice,but then this is the state of BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGG Brother and Ted Kennedy.

fubu795

Banned
I got progressive, they are definitly the cheapest for me. I'm 21 and the cobra is 100% in my name, paid for it myself. I have 2 wreckless drivings, 1 accident, and 1 to fast for conditions within the last 3 years. Also lost my license for a year. My insurance is $1208 every 6 months.

Hope This Helps!

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
26 here erie insurance. 03 cobra and 90 grandam come to like 80. a month

i think my damage thing is set to 100/300

redghost

Established Member
I got the same jump. 36 with house, disability and another car through them. No accidants WTF. I just might move the Cobra someplace else. This is what you get for loyality.:cuss:

wjfawb0

Established Member
I have state farm in TN and mine just got decreased $40 or so. It will go down more when I turn 25 (soon). I pay $722 every 6 right now. I had an independent agent run quots from over ten different companies and none of them could touch state farm's rate here.

-Jason

Saleen4971

Established Member
Originally posted by fubu795
I got progressive, they are definitly the cheapest for me. I'm 21 and the cobra is 100% in my name, paid for it myself. I have 2 wreckless drivings, 1 accident, and 1 to fast for conditions within the last 3 years. Also lost my license for a year. My insurance is $1208 every 6 months.

Hope This Helps!

thats how much my insurance is for a 94 grand cherokee after ONE accident!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by RB88
I shopped around and found Allstate to be by far the cheapest..
I've had Allstate for years. Very competitive rates and when you need them, they're there for you. No hassles.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by fubu795
I got progressive...I have 2 wreckless drivings, 1 accident, and 1 to fast for conditions within the last 3 years. Also lost my license for a year...
:eek:

It sounds like Progressive either doesn't have any standards or they don't know who their customers are!!! :dw: :p

wjfawb0

Established Member
Also, I got hit by a hydroplaning SUV in my rear bumper on my 02 GT I had. The SUV ran after the wreck. My state farm agent filed it under the uninsured driver coverage so I only had to pay $200 deductible to get it fixed.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread