Got a P1000 code... any ideas why?

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
The ABS light wouldn't go off when I started her up after work today so I pulled the codes and it came up with a P1000 (incomplete diagnostics). Any ideas what the exact problem might be? :??:

FordFreak

Established Member
bunny_power said:
The ABS light wouldn't go off when I started her up after work today so I pulled the codes and it came up with a P1000 (incomplete diagnostics). Any ideas what the exact problem might be? :??:

Its nothing. It means that the system hasnt had enough time to complete all its cycles. "System readiness not complete". I will clear after a little driving.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Give it about a tank of gas, maybe 2 at the most.....it will go away...you got it cause you recently unplugged your battery or flashed your car with a tune

rick

03DOHC

Established Member
It means you haven't driven your car through enough drive cycles to clear the code. Just keep driving it.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
That's what I thought initially too, so I cleared the code (BTW I hadn't flashed the car or unplugged the battery). Then I went out to run some errants last night and now the TC is off and can't be turned back on, and the anti-locks aren't engaging.

Has one of the antilock sensors gone bad?

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
My car is doing the same thing. I have not been able to track down the problem. I do have a solid in it, but the abs light was on before the swap. I also have my battery in the trunk, but once again it had been there for like 3 months and no abs light. So i dont know what to do next. I have got where i really dont care that the light is on. I dont daily drive my car and it has never been in the rain so the traction control and ABS is not to big of a deal. However, with that said, i still would like to know whats up with it.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
KENZILLA said:
My car is doing the same thing. I have not been able to track down the problem. I do have a solid in it, but the abs light was on before the swap. I also have my battery in the trunk, but once again it had been there for like 3 months and no abs light. So i dont know what to do next. I have got where i really dont care that the light is on. I dont daily drive my car and it has never been in the rain so the traction control and ABS is not to big of a deal. However, with that said, i still would like to know whats up with it.

I googled the symptoms and found a couple of threads on other boards with similar problems and they said it was the ABS sensor. It seems the car uses the ABS sensor info to regulate the traction control, so a faulty ABS sensor = no TC.

Users who are viewing this thread