Got a roll cage. Tint the windows or show it off?

stg1sleeper

Established Member
I've always thrown tint on all of my Mustangs, but my Cobra has a roll cage in it, and its very visible from all windows and angles... which I like, but I like tinted windows too.

The Car: Comp orange with 18/9 18/10.5 03 Cobra replica's, powder coated gloss black on the face of the wheels with satin black windows. Tint would compliment the black wheels... but a visible roll cage just looks outright MEAN!

What would you guys do?

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
This Thread Is worthless without pics:cuss::cuss::cuss:

I had tint , was real nice, I could leave the car in the sun and it wouldnt be unbearable when i got back, now that theyre off I really miss them because my car gets so hot :( only issue was at night sometimes they dont let extra light in which sucks so at night I rolled with the windows half rolled down

Like someone else said , you could always just roll your windows down if you wanna show it off, I say go for it!

Last edited:

Satin03

Established Member
Just went threw the same dilemma with my cage....to tint or not to tint. I really like the way the cage looked from the rear of the car however living in the hot Florida sun and my car being black the best option for me was to tint. I actually think the car looks more sinister now with the tint than without.

old ford guy

Established Member
If your young I'd tint em to keep the revenue enhancement folks off your butt !!

If your old (like me) flaunt it !!!! The crime fighters profile big time here in the fly over state.

Red Cobra, (her's) two tickets w/me driving! Black Cobra (mine) stopped many times no tickets!

Both have bars !!! but could just be me !!!!!

Evan5469

Established Member
You could just get a light tint so that people could still slightly see it with the windows up. A 35% or so would work for that. :shrug:

stg1sleeper

Established Member
Tint it is!

I feel like dark tint is out. So I will do a light tint all the way around, and you can still see the cage if you look hard enough. The Cobra is not a DD, so I may even tint the front windshield while I'm at it!

Thanks for the input guys.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
tint away, all my cars are done with 20%. dark enough, yet doesnt get me in trouble, well just a little, no ticket yet

Users who are viewing this thread