Got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt, BUT I was wearing one.

StangJason

Established Member
That's a huge slippery slope you got started there...

Yeah I know it's a slippery slope when you start making people become responsible for their own actions and allowing them to suffer the consequences with no remorse.

I realize crooked insurance companies would claim everyone had no seatbelt but if it's not in the police report it shouldn't matter what they claim...IMO.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
And how does the police officer know what to put in the police report? I'm not pulling the black box to every accident. ^^^ People lie, there is no way to tell if someone was wearing it in a minor accident. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the guy trying to act like he knows what he's doing is LOL.

I always love the guys who try to bring up the current wind position and my vision on a 25 dollar ticket. My eyes are 20/20 and yes you weren't wearing it. Guilty. Haven't lost one yet, and never will.

StangJason

Established Member
And how does the police officer know what to put in the police report? I'm not pulling the black box to every accident. ^^^ People lie, there is no way to tell if someone was wearing it in a minor accident. I give people the benefit of the doubt.

Also, the guy trying to act like he knows what he's doing is LOL.

I always love the guys who try to bring up the current wind position and my vision on a 25 dollar ticket. My eyes are 20/20 and yes you weren't wearing it. Guilty. Haven't lost one yet, and never will.

Yes true people lie. My friend was rear ended my other friend in the car hit the windshield with his forehead and the only way he did that was because his seat belt wasn't on or latched. I see it all the time this person died and wasn't wearing their seatbelt :shrug:

BLTM

Established Member
I didn't realize this topic would be so debated. I'm glad I brought it up I guess. It still blows though :(

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Yeah I know it's a slippery slope when you start making people become responsible for their own actions and allowing them to suffer the consequences with no remorse.

I realize crooked insurance companies would claim everyone had no seatbelt but if it's not in the police report it shouldn't matter what they claim...IMO.

So you would have no issue with your insurance company refused payment if they deemed you conducted an unsafe act?

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
Yes true people lie. My friend was rear ended my other friend in the car hit the windshield with his forehead and the only way he did that was because his seat belt wasn't on or latched. I see it all the time this person died and wasn't wearing their seatbelt :shrug:

I had an accident with a drunk guy where there was a nice head sized dent in the windshield. Charged him with it along with multiple other things. Not guilty. If u didn't see it or don't have a black box it doesn't mean shit.

StangJason

Established Member
So you would have no issue with your insurance company refused payment if they deemed you conducted an unsafe act?

No I would prefer this Country or our States not make stupid laws like seat belt laws. If someone chooses to risk their lives in such a stupid way as to not wear their seat belts then that is their choice. On the other hand if they don't wear their seat belts and die or are seriously injured because of it I don't think the insurance companies should be liable for someone elses blatant stupidity. :shrug:

I do agree that proof is could be a problem in a lot of instances but I think when it's obvious is when it should apply. You know someone flew out of their window and their seat belt obviously wasn't being worn. It shouldn't be an outlet for crooked insurances, like the one the State of Alabama (yes my wife was hit by a school bus and all they did was try to screw us), to get out of paying.

Oh to answer your question. No, I think we all do something stupid every now and then but not wearing your seat belt in most cases is just blatant stupidity or pride more than forgetfulness. I prefer my deterent over stupid laws that only serve to pad the pockets of the Government that seems to try to control us more and more every day.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
In most jurisdictions you are not charged court costs unless you lose.

That would be worth checking into for the OP. When I was 18 I got a ticket for going through a yellow light and fought it. I won and the ticket was dropped but I still had to pay.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Take 5 seconds to buckle your seat belt So you don't have to take 5 months waiting on court and then spending 5 minutes pleading no contest because you were hoping the Deputy didn't show up.

SvtCobra.5000

Established Member
At the end of the day, all they want is money. It's funny how you can get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt here in FL, But it's ok to drive a bike without no helmet:nonono:

I don't understand that either, If I jump on my bike and hit the highway at 70 without a helmet that's fine. But get in the car and do the same thing without a seat belt you get a ticket, it makes no sense to me.

BLTM

Established Member
Insane to see how many people have replied to this thread, and thanks to all for looking into it so much. With all that I have going on right now, I decided that I would just pay the ticket and bite the bullet. Though I know I was abiding by the law, I'm paying just because I don't have time to deal with the hassle. I hope in the future if this ever happens to someone they have the time to do whats right.

408Fox

Established Member
I wonder....
I have race belts in my fox (5 pt) but i usually just wear the lap part of the belts when cruising. I wonder if I got pulled over for no belt, but I was wearing just the lap part, would that suffice or do I need to have the whole 5 pt hook up?
Anyone ever run into this?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I wonder....
I have race belts in my fox (5 pt) but i usually just wear the lap part of the belts when cruising. I wonder if I got pulled over for no belt, but I was wearing just the lap part, would that suffice or do I need to have the whole 5 pt hook up?
Anyone ever run into this?

You need to have the whole thing. Although the cop might cut you a break after some schooling

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

02blownGT

Established Member
Are you nuts? Changing the legal system as we know it? Just because you always plead guilty and take it up the ass doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to do so. Grow a set of balls and fight your next ticket

Can i friend you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread