Got bit by a brown recluse!

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Every year for fourth of July, we go to my buddy's families farm. He has a local band, they play all night, shoot fireworks, etc. We always set up a bunch of tents and stay overnight. We stayed over night in the tents, packed stuff up and left Monday morning (the 5th). I had to tend bar, so I threw my clothes in the pile by the bed, showered and headed to work. The next day I woke up and my leg was itching real bad. I looked at the rash that was forming and I told my gf that I had a spider bite. I just got a biology degree so I've had my fair share of bites. This looked the worst I have had, so I thought it was a brown recluse. I know enough that if tissue doesn't start dying, I'm fine. After a couple of days it started to resemble poison ivy, having a bad rash. Few more days, it starts oozing the venom but I still wasn't sure. I just killed the brown recluse in my bathroom. Here is a picture of my leg. Today is 16 days since I was bit. It is healing pretty nicely and new skin is starting to come threw. The itch is going away. Figured you guys might be interested in seeing it.

bite.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
that's not too bad. Had a buddy that ended up with a quarter size hole in his leg until he started getting steriod shots.

In before the flamethrower freaking out posts!

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I was in the shower when I spotted it on the ceiling. I told my gf to grab my flip flops and smashed it. I was going to take a pic of the smashed culprit when I got out of the shower, but she scrapped it off and flushed it. I know my spiders... I know my etymology. I killed a brown recluse. When I got bit, it looked like a spider bite. However, as much as I've dealt with venomous snakes and spiders, I've never been bit by one. I assumed the worse possible outcome. When I did not have dead tissue, I assumed I had gotten into some poison ivy. There was plenty where we were camped. Having seen that there was fang marks, and doing sufficient research, I have come to the conclusion that I was indeed bit by the brown recluse I killed in my apartment. If my posting had anything to do with SVTP, I would have done so two weeks ago when I originally thought I had been bitten by a spider. I just figured you'd guys would get a kick out of seeing the real outcome of your typical bite.

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
I was in the shower when I spotted it on the ceiling. I told my gf to grab my flip flops and smashed it. I was going to take a pic of the smashed culprit when I got out of the shower, but she scrapped it off and flushed it. I know my spiders... I know my etymology. I killed a brown recluse. When I got bit, it looked like a spider bite. However, as much as I've dealt with venomous snakes and spiders, I've never been bit by one. I assumed the worse possible outcome. When I did not have dead tissue, I assumed I had gotten into some poison ivy. There was plenty where we were camped. Having seen that there was fang marks, and doing sufficient research, I have come to the conclusion that I was indeed bit by the brown recluse I killed in my apartment. If my posting had anything to do with SVTP, I would have done so two weeks ago when I originally thought I had been bitten by a spider. I just figured you'd guys would get a kick out of seeing the real outcome of your typical bite.

It just laid eggs in you.. no big deal.. take a flamethrower to your leg and have your g.f call me

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll trust that you did indeed know it was a brown recluse that bit you. You were really fortunate that the after affects were minimal. Most pictures I've seen of brown recluse spider bite victims have been pretty extreme, with severe tissue damage.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Good thing u caught it early. When I used to sell insurance about 8 years ago and came across a 10 year old that was bitten by one and developed flesh eating bacteria and was terribly disformed; it was awful.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Looks like dried up old poison oak/ivy to me...

Can't be... brown recluse was in his house. He didn't tell us about that fact that everyone else is dead.

When I hit a telephone pole in my car, I looked in front of me and saw a squirel running around. It was my only assumption to think, "Hey, that squirel ****ing smashed my car into pieces because he was standing there... and I mean, I didn't really see what happened".

Users who are viewing this thread