got called out by an ls1tech guy...

You answered your own question.

If said person was willing to torch and cut apart the frame of a vette to the point your sitting with your own transmission, then obviously your obviously not gonna stop at lid and axleback..

but way to try and plug your knowledge of cars.

Still doesn't show how the car would be unstreetable.....

Venomhiss

Established Member
your 03 cobra guys act like he cant just go get a bottle himself....did we forget chevys are not the only cars that can use N20 lol?

Seriously, get the bottle and MAKE SURE you bring up to him "it took ford to a blower to beat ls1s, it takes a bottle for ls1s to beat fords blower....but how did you like it when i took the bottle AND fords blower? two power adders against one, what now bitch?"

Im a BIG advocate of "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight.....bring a tank....a fast tank"

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Hate to say it, but you will lose. It isn't a probably situation, you will lose unless his "shot" is a 50 or less, but that would be a waste. He is probably packing a 100, 120 shot. It will be nasty.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member

04cobra13

Established Member
well if no one can read it he says." haha i was only talkin shit,my cars not even runninglol",wich is gay because even though i wouldve lost to that set up i wouldve still ran it, and was really lookin foward to it...

dredg9

Established Member
go figure, the typical, just wait til next month and ill have bla bla bla, still wouldve been a good race if he wouldve been for real.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I understand that a 9' (which is a 9 foot) rear would be tough to do, pal...but I'm not sure what would be so unstreetable about a 9" rear....care to explain why a 9" is so unstreetable?

well.. converting a IRS/rear mounted tranaxle equipped Corvette to a solid axle 9" rearend.. that's going to be making it into pretty much a straight line race car only.. because your going to be hacking up the interior to put a transmission behind the engine, installing a drive shaft etc etc etc...

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Still doesn't show how the car would be unstreetable.....

Chalk one up for loose terminology then.

Stop being belligerent and realize that when you compromise the structural integrity of a cars frame specifically to fit a transmission to MATE to your damn 9(INCH) rear end your not doing it for gas mileage, and handling. There isn't a soul in the world will to do that swap in a C5 Y-body thats gonna try an pass a sniffer and drive on the street with a engine combo that warrants that bastardization.

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
interior to put a transmission behind the engine, installing a drive shaft etc etc etc...

Hold on, did I miss something here? Where does GM usually put the transmission in the Corvette:??:

Seriously, I haven't been underneath any corvette newer than 1974, but did they seriously change them that much?

We are talking Corvette and not Fiero right?

Users who are viewing this thread