Got her yesterday.. wow factor achieved!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
My 2014 came in yesterday! wow what a car, I actually put 120 miles on the car yesterday. At first, after I thought I had gone over the sc kick in mileage, I got into it a little bit on the highway and started wondering what the big deal was. About that time my wife calls and I'm talking to her on the phone and just cruising down the highway. After I talked to her for a minute and got off the phone I went to accelerate a little bit and it was a whole different ballgame! SC had apparently kicked in..wow!! Now I don't want to take it to the tint/stereo guys and leave it for two days.

This is the ford guy filling her up! hehe.. Thanks man! Now I gotta go!
20130507_125359.jpg

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Sorry about the picture size, I'm not sure what to do about that.

I'm seriously considering side scoops and louvers but I don't see them in a lot people pictures. Are they considered lame or something because they are just stick on? I think it makes the car more aggressive looking and stand out even more.

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Nice! Where did you buy it at? I'm from charleston as well. West ashley side. Congrats on the new ride. They are beasts

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Congrats!
Great color choice.
Wish our gas was that cheap!

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Congrats! Nice looking Shelby. As far as scoops, everyone has their own opinion, but i like them! It's your car, make it your own.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! You got the fastest color!

I think the side scoops and lovers look nice if done right...but they do make a lot of wind noise.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Congrats! I like the looks of the scoops, the extra wind noise is the only thing holding me back for now.

662reasons

Congrats! Love the color.
And I have to agree with GOTSVT, I wish my gas prices were that low.

Mine is due to be delivered on 5.22... You guys are keeping me sane with your pics ;)

PS I ordered the quarter window louvres with mine. I really like the look of them.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words folks, these cars are very sweet indeed. As far as the gas prices go.. it's a good thing cause I had to fill it back up today. I averaged 10.6 mpg yesterday.
Nice! Where did you buy it at? I'm from charleston as well. West ashley side. Congrats on the new ride. They are beasts

I got it at Jones Ford, they were really cool to work with...probably the easiest car transaction ever. But, might be because I knew there wasn't going to be any haggling and what not.. and I wanted the car really bad. I can't believe my luck, I went to order the car a couple weeks ago only to find they had almost exactly what I wanted already on the way. They have a DIB/white stripes with white accented recaros on order.. that fills their allocations tho. I'm pretty sure they spec'd that car also so it will be on the showroom floor surrounded by the two or three Roush stangs they have. Custom Car Stereo has the car for the next two days :(
Have you ever been out to Dorchester speedway? I think that's what it's called. Or is there another place I can go to legally run this thing?
I haven't driven a stick in 16 years so it's been interesting.. stalled trying to creep into my driveway with the boy in the car. Luckily he's only 7 so he had no idea his dad sucked at the clutch. lol

Last edited:

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats on the new addition. It's certainly a great car, and you're going to love it.

Once you get used to the 6 speed again, and have the hunger for more power, give us a call, you can really wake the beast up with just a few minor bolts on and some good Lund Racing tuning.

We're here to help!

John

svt662

Established Member
My 2014 came in yesterday! wow what a car, I actually put 120 miles on the car yesterday. At first, after I thought I had gone over the sc kick in mileage, I got into it a little bit on the highway and started wondering what the big deal was. About that time my wife calls and I'm talking to her on the phone and just cruising down the highway. After I talked to her for a minute and got off the phone I went to accelerate a little bit and it was a whole different ballgame! SC had apparently kicked in..wow!! Now I don't want to take it to the tint/stereo guys and leave it for two days.

This is the ford guy filling her up! hehe.. Thanks man! Now I gotta go!
20130507_125359.jpg
Congrats on your new Shelby! :beer:

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
Congratulations! Great color choice!

For those that commented on the gas prices, they are about the same in New Jersey......for full service! Pumping your own gas is illegal in the Garden State.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Congrats,,,,Love the Charleston area. I'll be down with mine this summer from Ky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
MZ- I have been a bunch of times. It can get a bit sketchy at times later on at night but its not to bad. Watch the right lane at the 60ft. It has a famous slick spot that if they don't work the track well enough you'll blow the tires off. A lot of race cars have gone into the wall that way.

Users who are viewing this thread