Got KILLED by a Lambo VT!! Hung with 911Turbo

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Well it has been an interesting day to say the least. I have had like 4 good races in my car in 7 MONTHS, not anymore.

Race#1- Coming back from getting all the Easter crap from storage. Going down I95 minding my own business. Guy in a new 911(black) pulls up beside me and smiles. Then gooses it a little. I have the top down and boxes sitting everywhere but say wtf and give it a little kick. I go ahead and downshift into 3rd, at about 70. He nails it and so do I. Wind out 3rd and im about .5 behind. Shift 4th and he starts walking me a little. Got to about 135 and we shut down, me alittle over 1 lenght behind him. The guy was cool and slowed down and we both said nice car . I was expecting a bigger loss on this 1. So I was very happy afterward.

Race#2- After unloading all the Easter crap its dinner time so Im off for takeout. I hang a right out of my neighborhood and have clear road ahead soooo of course I proceed to wind out 1st and 2nd(maybe thats why I'm getting 12mpg?) I happen to look in the rearview and there is a car about 1 mm from my bumper. It scared the CRAP out of me at first, I instantly think cop. The car slows down and I can tell its something very different, real long front hood. I thought it was a Ferrari. Well I hang a left onto a 4 lane hwy and guess who follows me. He is right on my ass, so I kick it in 1st. Get a little sqirly and make the shift to 2nd, then the guy absolutely blows me away. Im not tallking about kinda walks me, he passed me like I was in a 2cyl Yugo towing a camper. I know I must of looked like:eek: Well the guy slows down and I pull up beside him and finally get a good look at the car. Diablo VT black vert/t top. 2 younger guys in the car and driver gives me the:thumbsup: Im still in shock and mumble something stupid like wtf you got in that..... He says its V-12 and he has DUAL superchargers. Said it dyno'd over 1000hp. Dumba$$ me still in shock doesnt ask him to pull over to check it out:bash: , and hangs a left into Chinastar. The car sounded downright evil, very high pitched, yet rumbled, hard to describe. I know nothing of Lambo's(WAY out of my $$ range) so dont know if the hp, chargers make sense or not, but the way that guy went by me was CRAZY. :D Its 12:30 now and im in usually in bed by 10, thats how pumped I still am. Sorry for the long post,

jason

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That had to be intense! At least you hung with the 911 and they weren't total asses about it either

socalcobra03

Established Member
about 6 months ago I had the opportunity to ride in the lambo VT. It was one of my dad's business partners. The car's acceleration literally made my stomach upset. The high-revving eninge, light wieght, and all wheel drive made this car a rocket. We had just eaten lunch and he offered to take me for a ride. We pulled out on to PCH and he nailed it, I think my stomach hit my spine, I had never felt anything hook so hard in my life. it is an amazing car. Only imagine if we had the money they spent on that car to put into our 03's !

99SVTcobraVERT

and by the way 2th food for thought:
if you had ran him with top up you wouldnt have lost. it has been my experience that racing with the top down after about 75ish or so with a top end race makes you pull slower. put it this way, spraying a mod'd m5 with top down he barely beat me like the 911 did you. we hit same exit to turn around because we went shooting past our exits at like 130-140 and i put my top up because it was little chilly. ran him again on way back VERY different result! this time we took off at 60 again and looked same but at about 80-90 i started pulling back and just BARELY outran him by fender and pulling ever so SLIGHTLY not even worth bragging about. and this has happened with same result on all motor races that were close either with a win or loss. you NEVER race with top down. anyone with vert and experience will agree with me. and if you dont know what im talking about try it!

Blades

Established Member
You know whats weirder? Is that these guys were cool! Giving you thumbs up and all that.. A world where 911 turbos come up to you and play, then give you thumbs up, a world where Diablo VT owners actually have the car out of a car bubble.. my dreamland.. Thats awesome dude. You see a lot of that in south florida but they never play.

Theres a guy with a f50 that drives it like he stole it tho. Flames shooting out of the exhaust, backfiring and all that.. Then he looks both ways, checks for cops, and proceeds to WOT on A1A and Spanish River.. Like a ****ing cop would pull him over.... I think the damage for hitting someone with his car would cost more than their medical bill... :D

Anyways.. Its nice to know that there are kickass people like that out there..

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
and by the way 2th food for thought:
if you had ran him with top up you wouldnt have lost. it has been my experience that racing with the top down after about 75ish or so with a top end race makes you pull slower. put it this way, spraying a mod'd m5 with top down he barely beat me like the 911 did you. we hit same exit to turn around because we went shooting past our exits at like 130-140 and i put my top up because it was little chilly. ran him again on way back VERY different result! this time we took off at 60 again and looked same but at about 80-90 i started pulling back and just BARELY outran him by fender and pulling ever so SLIGHTLY not even worth bragging about. and this has happened with same result on all motor races that were close either with a win or loss. you NEVER race with top down. anyone with vert and experience will agree with me. and if you dont know what im talking about try it!

I second that. I had several races one night with a modded LT1 Z28, that kept pulling away from me toward the end. I tried different shift points, still once I neared the top of 3rd away he crept. After the fourth run, I finally said screw it and put my top up. At the point where he had been walking me, I pulled on him. BIG difference the topdown drag makes. :read:

*edit* Come to think of it, one night I got bored a few months back, and entered "Vortech" in the search page of eBaymotors. I almost fell off my chair when a Diablo popped up with a centrifugal blower on each intake log! It was blue, IIRC.

:eek: Somebody has way too much money.

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by TK94Bird
Sounds like you had an awsome day.
My sentiments exactly. GREAT RACES! :beer: And like Blades said, its amazing that they were actually cool. I ran a 1998(?) V6 'Stang yesterday and afterwards tried to give the guy the thumbsup. He just ignored me and turned off...lol :rollseyes Its always more fun to race people who can win or lose like a champ. Again, great races!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Poor Ted!!! Ted, I have learned that those "little" parting gifts are well worth getting rid of the beeeotch that they are attached to.

taronis

Banned
....for richer, for poorer.....

they get richer, we me get poorer - should have listened to my cousin Louie "The f***ing you get ain't worth the f***ing you're gonna get". Oh well --

one day I'll post a pic of the woman that replaced her........... but today isn't the day.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by taronis
Did tha arse end look sort of like this?
Used to show that view until the ex and her hired thief took the car in an UGLY divorce!
:eek: That's enough to make a grown man cry.

Users who are viewing this thread