Got me a new truck!!!! (DIESEL)

Blk04Snake

Established Member
try 900-1000:rockon:

nice looking duramax though, other than the tires. Thats my big complaint with the exterior of chevy's. Pizza Cutter Tires

Agree 100% still can't figure out why you want to step down from the 4 digit torque club.

I read somewhere, and don't take this personally Mopar because Chevys can be made to look nice.. but I read someone say a stock Chevy HD looks like a Hippo on roller skates :lol: But you can say that of most any stock truck with positive offset wheels.

Last edited:

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Nice truck, but the garage is way cooler. Any inside pic? And what are the dimensions of it ?

Dusten

Established Member
Agree 100% still can't figure out why you want to step down from the 4 digit torque club.

I read somewhere, and don't take this personally Mopar because Chevys can be made to look nice.. but I read someone say a stock Chevy HD looks like a Hippo on roller skates :lol: But you can say that of most any stock truck with positive offset wheels.
because the truck serves no purpose anymore, i've gone over this. And i think wifey put the brakes on an a raptor also. She wants something more comfy, so i think we're buying a tahoe, which means I'll be in a built lightning after deployment

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
because the truck serves no purpose anymore, i've gone over this. And i think wifey put the brakes on an a raptor also. She wants something more comfy, so i think we're buying a tahoe, which means I'll be in a built lightning after deployment

Drive a Raptor. I think you'll be surprised by the ride.

Dusten

Established Member
Drive a Raptor. I think you'll be surprised by the ride.
not to muck up his thread, but we did. Unfortunately the SD is her DD not mine, so she has to like its replacement.

I thought this too, but then i remembered he said 800 at the flywheel, which is close the allisons limit but probably not killing it yet.
Thankfully our faithful 5R110 will last quite a while with the four digits im putting to the wheels

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
Its funny, a few guys around here made fun of it when i bought it, i took them for a ride and now they make no fun. i have no tranny mods yet, i have the 6 speed allison and it will hold up just a little better than the previous models, i will get a transgo jr soon. i need a better programmer first.

and to whoever was asking about my mileage, it was hand calculated, my truck does not do the average mileage on the dash, its an LT.

Moparkidd

Established Member
Nice choice on the LBZ. I've got an 07 (same style LBZ as yours) tuned with EFI LIVE, straight piped turbo back and a trans go jr. Running a bit more tq than what you have and its a bad ass ride. Surprises MORE than a few people. Seem to be the better of the d-max motors too. Great luck with it, you'll love it.

yeah i love how much stronger stock it is than an LLY, stronger rods, hotter tune, and a bigger radiator. im all about that!

Moparkidd

Established Member
Nice truck, but the garage is way cooler. Any inside pic? And what are the dimensions of it ?

i'll take some pictures of the upstairs friday, it looks SWEET upstairs, kitchen, living room, bedroom. its awesome.

tj04cobra

Established Member
That's a good lookin truck man. Don't hear to much about the d-max's having problems. Are there any common problems they have? The Power Stroke has kept money in my pocket for the last 4 years.

purdueranger

Established Member
Nice truck man. I love the fuel economy of my Cummins.

350HP/700ft-lb at the wheels through a stock 48RE and she still gets 24mpg unloaded and 17 towing. I hate the small wheels and tires on the Chevy's.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
What year Powerstroke do you have? I was just sent a pic of an '08 6.4 PS tonight with 181K on the clock and was told all he's done to it is routine maintenance and it's had a few new radiators. The early '08 had defective radiators that liked to leak. Hope I don't run into issues with my '10.

Mine is a 2005 6.OH NO. Way too many problems to mention here with it, currently doesn't want to run and locked up 50 miles after getting it back from the dealership.

I really haven't heard too much negative about the later 6.4s having any problems; so you should be in the clear.

Currently have my eye on a few 6.4s but I can't shake the feeling I got when I drove an 800rwhp Cummins:uh oh:

tj04cobra

Established Member
What year Powerstroke do you have? I was just sent a pic of an '08 6.4 PS tonight with 181K on the clock and was told all he's done to it is routine maintenance and it's had a few new radiators. The early '08 had defective radiators that liked to leak. Hope I don't run into issues with my '10.

I was trying to give you a little hope with that picture. Imo the 6.4s are pretty nice. Their response to a dpf/cat delete and fat tune is sick.

Users who are viewing this thread