Got my first loss tonight.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Well tonight I ran one of my buddies H/C/I C6 Corvette. The car is a 6 speed with 3.73 gears and puts down 495/450. My mods are in my sig. Going into this race I was very excited and was expecting to get walked extremely hard. He had a 400lb passenger in his car and I had my wife. My wife could not stay still enough to get a good video of any of the races but The camera in the Corvette got all three runs.

1st run we went from a 50 roll. I started in 2nd gear at 4,000 rpms. 3 honks and we were off. Like an idiot I wasn't thinking and lifted off the gas to shift to third and he jumped probably 2 cars on me, powershifted third, and by the time I shifted into fourth he had probably 3-4 car lengths on me.

2nd run we agreed to go from a 30 roll. I spun through most of first and got about a half car jump on him, powershifted second and kept it there. Buy around 3/4 of the way through third he pulled back and put half a car on me and said he missed third so I got the W on this one.

3rd race was a 35 roll. I agreed to leave it in second which put me right around 3,000 rpms. 3 honks and we were off. Through most of second we were pretty much even powershifted into third and he slowly started pulling away and put about a car and a half on me. I ran it up to about 120 where he missed 4th and we both let off at the same time. W went to him with a 1 1/2 car lead.

The video should be up on my local forum pretty soon and when it is I will post a link over here.

More races to come in the near future. I should be racing a pontiac g8 with a built 418 and a tvs 1900 supercharger next weekend so stay tuned as my weekends are normally packed with fun.

Last edited:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
oh it is definately a gorgeous car and very strong especially on the top end. almost every race we were even down low and he would not start to pull until close to the top of my third gear. loud as freaking hell too when WOT

SlwSVT

Established Member
With a 400 pound passenger in the Vette he was killing his performance. Take that 400 pounds out and he pulls every gear. That is a big difference from the c6 at 3300 to 3700.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
the 400 lb passenger was in the car for a reason. we wanted to get some close race vids. we were trying to make both cars pretty equal in weight.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
with a 400lb passenger you guys should've been racing to the OR for some triple bypass surgery

Users who are viewing this thread