got my gauges! :)

TRBO VNM

good choice on gauges. only other one I would have considered is oil pressure since factory is pretty much a dummy gauge. tell your friend he is stupid. I would rather have a fuel pressure gauge than a/f gauge myself. the a/f gauge bounces around so much, it is hard to keep track of it. the fuel pressure will go up and should stay there. you don't have a lot of time to sit there and keep watching the gauges. I find it easier to keep an eye on the fuel pressure than the a/f that I used to have.

TRBO VNM

$300 to tell 2 parameters and neither have playback mode? :nonono:

the revolution series gauges have a high and low setting for warning and peak recall.

and they are fully custom, can be changed at any time to meet other car gauges if you switch cars. so they can match the interior almost perfect.

I personally hate the look of the interceptor gauges. I don't know if the interceptor offers plugging in an x2/3, but if I am at the track and need my obd2 port to log on my laptop, I would have to unplug the interceptor gauges right?

it is personal preference. you like something else. big deal

black 10th vert

Established Member
the revolution series gauges have a high and low setting for warning and peak recall.

and they are fully custom, can be changed at any time to meet other car gauges if you switch cars. so they can match the interior almost perfect.

I personally hate the look of the interceptor gauges. I don't know if the interceptor offers plugging in an x2/3, but if I am at the track and need my obd2 port to log on my laptop, I would have to unplug the interceptor gauges right?

it is personal preference. you like something else. big deal

Or you can just do what I did, and have both types!;-) Of course my interceptor is dead now...:nonono:

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
well basically i just wanted gauges that matched the interior really well, and i was willing to pay for that.. so i did. I am also getting 2 aeoforce gauges that are going to be mounted behind the steering wheel with that piece that goes over your tach and speedo creating 2 holes.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i agree, that interceptor is a nice concept, but it doesn't look very good (IMO) and there seem to be too many frying prematurely. the speedhut revolution gauges are very reliable and i haven't read on the net of a failure myself.

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
true, maybe i will get a wideband 02 from speedhut and another gauge.. that way all 4 will be from speedhut! hmmm that might be my new plan. what would the 4th gauge be? boost, fuel pressure, wideband, and ....?

help is appreciated! :)

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
I have the Speedhut also with the "el-glow" backlighting like yours (W/B A/F ratio, and boost), but with the aluminum trim rings. I hate how they look at night, because the needle is so bright that it makes a red glowing ring around the diameter of the gauges, due to the reflection of the glowing red needle. Yours with the black bezels shouldn't do that as badly, though.;-) I went with the aluminum to match all of the billet trim pieces, and switches that I already had, so this extra glow comes with the territory, I guess.:shrug: I know there is a "dimming mod" where you add some resistors inline to dim the needle, but I haven't felt like pulling it all apart again to do that yet. I mounted them in the same pillar pod you have also, and that is the best looking one on the market inmo.:rockon:

well thats good news, thanks! yea i saw the aluminum trim on peoples cars and i didnt like the way it looked so i went with black. i also thing my backgroung of my gauge lights up green, but the numbers dont light up.. you have the numbers lighting up but hte backgroung not lighting up (i think). i wanted to have it resemble the stock gauges so i went with the background lighting up (at least i hope!)

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
good choice on gauges. only other one I would have considered is oil pressure since factory is pretty much a dummy gauge. tell your friend he is stupid. I would rather have a fuel pressure gauge than a/f gauge myself. the a/f gauge bounces around so much, it is hard to keep track of it. the fuel pressure will go up and should stay there. you don't have a lot of time to sit there and keep watching the gauges. I find it easier to keep an eye on the fuel pressure than the a/f that I used to have.

good! this makes me feel better :banana:

thanks

black 10th vert

Established Member
well thats good news, thanks! yea i saw the aluminum trim on peoples cars and i didnt like the way it looked so i went with black. i also thing my backgroung of my gauge lights up green, but the numbers dont light up.. you have the numbers lighting up but hte backgroung not lighting up (i think). i wanted to have it resemble the stock gauges so i went with the background lighting up (at least i hope!)

Your lighting will be identical to what I have, with the exception that you have the black bezels, so they will not reflect the red glow as much from the needle. The polished aluminum bezels just match my other accessories too well to change them to black, plus I actually bought 2 additional aluminum bezels separately from Speedhut to re-bezel the 2 other gauges I am running in my cluster bezel (one of which was the Aeroforce gauge).

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 on how the SOS pod and those gauges are sweet. i have the same but i had boost and AF wideband but took the AF wideband out and putting their nitrous gauge in. looking at two gauges for power adders will be sweet. Going with the FAST dual AF wideband set up.

Users who are viewing this thread