Got my Heat Exchanger..Pics

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Got my Heat Exchanger today from LFP..its an AFCO unit...it is a very sharp and clean unit.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
that is defintely sweet looking!!!:coolman:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Looks good but doesn't it need to be painted flat black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb? Unless that's the look you want. Also, what is wrong with the stock one? To small, not efficient?

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Well this one is much more effecient..and it compliments all the mods i have.

As far as color..this particular company only offers it in Silver(or whatever you want to call it), Gords(other HE man.) offers it in Black or Silver. I personally didnt care about the color..I might paint Cobra on it in Black though.

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue 2003
Looks good but doesn't it need to be painted flat black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb? Unless that's the look you want.
Nothing wrong with an intercooler or HE stickin' out. :coolman:

04.jpg

I want to do the same thing with a HE on my Cobra.

SVTBlackBolt - Thats a sweetlookin' HE you picked up. $? And does it bolt-in or are there "modifications" needed?

Last edited:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
Nothing wrong with an intercooler or HE stickin' out. :coolman:

SVTBlackBolt - Thats a sweetlookin' HE you picked up. $? And does it bolt-in or are there "modifications" needed?

I think it looks great too! I am going to leave the new one I get silver as well. Scare the ricers away.

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
Black306,

Looks sweet on your Fox Body..

The price is $385 shipped from Lightning Force Performance and its bolts right in..no modifications required.

SStupid

Established Member
Nit

I know it's a nitpickingly miniscule amount of difference, but the unpainted version would be more efficient at dissapating heat, wouldn't it? Maybe it's the hidden ricer in me, but I like the look of the unpainted unit.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
So do they have the same frontal area as Gords? or heat same qualties or ridding heat with fin size and such?

03DOHC

Established Member
Looks great! I prefer the subdued looks of a black HE, much more low profile and stock looking.

Users who are viewing this thread