Got my new Dyno Numbers with the Borla S/S added

SSSeeYa

Established Member
It looks like from the stock catback with my current mods to the borla S/S I gained 27hp and 33tq over my earlier dyno with similar conditions. Here is the Dyno/AF/Boost Sheets. Now I wonder if more could be squeezed out with a specialized tune as I currently just have the canned one from AR. I may have to drive up there to visit em unless they can work from the dyno sheet. :)

Dyno%20112.jpg

Dyno%20113.jpg

Dyno%20114.jpg

b34TgNu2

Established Member
do all dyno jets tell the amount of boost u put out cause mine doenst have that info.

SSSeeYa

Established Member
Originally posted by b34TgNu2
do all dyno jets tell the amount of boost u put out cause mine doenst have that info.

Most have have the attachments to measure it. You may have to request it though. They charge extra to get the A/F and Boost measurments-but for me its worth it to see the graph broken down like this.

SSSeeYa

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Borla S/S? Borla tinger/ystem?

Nope... It's just me being redundant really. I meant it to mean Stainless Steel but, duh, I guess that's pretty much all borla offers in our catbacks :p

This is just the standard Borla catback. Not the stinger. I think the part number is 157-14858 or something similar. I can check it later.

trey193

Established Member
Great info from the graphs, (boost, A/F, ) and also the H/P and T/Q figures by 100rpm increments, I will compare my sheets to yours tonight! Nice numbers for sure!

oldmodman

Established Member
Paul, which tips is Borla shipping on the Cobra system these days? I heard that they will be shipping the stinger style tips on all their systems when they run out of the tip within a tip style.

SSSeeYa

Established Member
Originally posted by oldmodman
Paul, which tips is Borla shipping on the Cobra system these days? I heard that they will be shipping the stinger style tips on all their systems when they run out of the tip within a tip style.

They are still the intercooled tips that they have had in the past. The rolled tips on the Stinger system I like better, but the intercooled have thier charms as well. I wonder if they will allow current owners to 'upgrade' for a nominal fee. I'll have to try to contact them and see.

The other thing is that the exhaust not really is nice and tame with this setup. Idle is only slightly (and I mean slightly) louder than stock but has a nice burble too it. When you are on the throttle hard it has a nice sound to it is well, but still not 'screaming' loud. It balances out very well with the whine of the supercharger, definitely not covering it up like some exhausts do. It makes it easy to slip by without turning an officers head if you don't want to or getting looks from everyone else when you decide to hop on it.

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
I am astonished, 27 hp increase, it’s awesome Borla S/S……….I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread