Got my plugs changed!

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Got my plugs changed! PICS INSIDE!!

Well I must say, this shot is badass! The shop size is incredible! The customer service is great, and they let you hang out while they are working on it! This place has everything I ask for in a shop! I arrived at 12:30 and the work began......

Here we have the car pulled in ready to start wrenching. Notice the size of the shop in the background.....
6722591768.jpg

Here is Devin beginning to unbolt the four plugs on the driver's side.
6723083683.jpg

NGK TR6's Here we come!
6722575482.jpg

The plugs had a bit of detenation. Due to running the stock plugs with my current 2.8 Pulley, Intake, X Pipe, Catback.
http://x10.putfile.com/3/6723004382.jpg

Last edited:

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Passenger Side Completed!
6723291892.jpg

Plug change went very smooth and quick! Off to the Autometer Dual Gauge Pod Install (Boost/ Air Fuel)! By the way everything was zip-tied and plastic tube covered.
6723013632.jpg

Preparing the Interior for the Gauge Pod!
6723065435.jpg

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Gauge Pod Completed! (Picture Was Taken Inside My Garage! Everything works perfect!
6801142243.jpg

Off to the V1 Install. Only pic I got was the completion! We ran the cord from here, behind the Personel Mirror, down the A-Pillar, to the power source near the Shifter! Everything was done very professionally!
6723300933.jpg

Made it home safe and sound!
6722555052.jpg

I must also say that the TR6's were gapped at .035 and are running very smoothly! My idle is great! I will have them checked once I return with my IRS Brace! Stay Tuned!

Here is my conclusion of the shop Performance Solutions in Phx, Az! (Moderator if I cant put there name please delete the name from the post!)

After my first visit and install I must say I am a lifeling customer! Devin and Dan know these cars very well! They were very courteous and professional. The price was very very reasonable for the time it took for this install. They dont just hack there way through stuff. When Devin wired my Air/Fuel he re-routed it three times. Lifting my car up twice and adjusting the wiring, just to my liking. Always telling me how/why this will improve better than other ways. I felt very comfortable with them wrenching on my new car. I will be returning once I get my IRS Brace and Dyno Installed. I must also note that Devin took a new predator and Logged some of my fuel patterns! I guess they dont marry the VIN if you just log???? Anyways, I would like to let you guys know this shop is the place to go for optimal quality, professional work.

Best Wishes to Dan and his new shop!

Sincerely,

Zach

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
UBNSTRK, any reason why you didn't change your own plugs? It's really easy. Or did you have the shop do it since they were already going to install the gauge pod and radar detector? Just curious. Nice setup with the radar detector. I've never seen one mounted high like that. Nice!

RedfireSVT

Established Member
Gotta say changing plugs on these cars can be done blindfolded. But glad you found a shop you like.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I would have pitched a holy fit if he had worked on my engine without a fender cover on it. That's a good way to be buying some paint work from a belt buckle. Other than that, it looks like a nice clean shop. Do they have a chassis dyno?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I can't believe you paid someone to change your plugs.

I love your choice of color though...nice car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't catch that. The guy definitely should have been using a fender cover.

CobraBob said:
UBNSTRK, any reason why you didn't change your own plugs? It's really easy. Or did you have the shop do it since they were already going to install the gauge pod and radar detector? Just curious. Nice setup with the radar detector. I've never seen one mounted high like that. Nice!

What tools do you need besides a socket and ratchet. I have an 01 Cobra and have always wanted to do it my self but I'm not sure how you gap a plug?

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Yeah, that's the first thing that I saw. NO FENDER COVER PROTECTORS! Guarranty you he would have to have changed a/my blown gasket as well. Better check your fenders.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
What tools do you need besides a socket and ratchet. I have an 01 Cobra and have always wanted to do it my self but I'm not sure how you gap a plug?

3/8 drive ratchet, 10mm socket for the coil pack covers, 5/8 spark plug socket, 10-12" extention works great, a swirl and shorter extention maybe needed if you have a kenne bell, and a flat head screwdriver for the intake. Some antiseize for the new plugs is also a good idea for our cars. No need to overtighten the plugs which is why I recommend using a 3/8 ratchet.

I also recommend using a soft towel instead of using a store bought fender cover.

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
never mind the fender covers

the guy had four open holes in your engine for foreign matter to enter. always change plugs one at a time.

LOL, I was going to say the same thing... :thumbsup:

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Hey guys! I will remind him next time about the fender cover! I do not have the tools to change the plugs. That is why he completed this. Thanks for all your comments! Will be posting a IRS Brace Install today!

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Looks good, I'll have to agree with the rest of the guys next time you change plugs do one at a time. Interested to see the IRS brace pictures.

Slythrin

correct me if i am wrong but I see rags stuffed in the holes and it appears as if the customer removed the rag to take the photo. if you look close in the pic you can see a rag on each bank

Users who are viewing this thread