Got my SCT Livewire *pics*

MISTERgadget

Turbo 4V Lightning
Established Member
gallery_3_29_554291.jpg

gallery_3_29_490466.jpg

I tried it out today for a while and you can setup the Monitoring/Gauge mode to read anything the OBD2 system has an input for, down to stuff like MAF counts, TPS, tranny functions, etc... The performance meters are fun to use, and seem reasonably accurate.

8sm

HELE in 321
Established Member
The prices on those are all over the place. Seems like a great unit. Care to share where and price. PM if you don't feel comfortable spreading the news.
thanks.....8sm

I'D WIN

Established Member
Nice. Might have to go with that instead of that new gauge being offered over on NLOC.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
cool.
this might sound stupid though but does it only record and output to a PC or does it also allow you to tune the truck like the Xcal?

MISTERgadget

Turbo 4V Lightning
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
cool.
this might sound stupid though but does it only record and output to a PC or does it also allow you to tune the truck like the Xcal?

Both. It also lets you do simulated 0-60 runs and 1/4 runs, and "dyno pulls"

MISTERgadget

Turbo 4V Lightning
Established Member
Turn it on by plugging it in, and you're greeted by the Main Menu

gallery_3_29_373458.jpg

The brightness, contrast, and power LED are adjustable, which is great, since the power LED and the screen at full brightness are blinding at night.

gallery_3_29_1225894.jpg

The Data logging menu allows you to select the parameters you want to monitor, and even replay the log on the device.

gallery_3_29_789948.jpg

Obviously, you can flash the PCM as well, but this unit has the ability to store preloaded and custom tunes, unlike the Xcal2

med_gallery_3_29_405924.jpg

Now for what I know everyone is most interested in, the monitoring or "gauge" mode.

You can select what you need from the menu, to a maximum of 6 parameters

gallery_3_29_1298095.jpg

You can also program two separate 0-5v analog channels for monitoring outside sensors.

gallery_3_29_743725.jpg

It comes preloaded with the equations for the WBC, LC1 and LM1, AEM, PLX, G100, AFM1000,TE2A0, and allows you to load a custom equation. IT also comes preloaded for the PLX EGT sensor, and GM 1, 2, and 3 bar MAP sensors.

Once you've selected the parameters you want to monitor, you can set alerts for any of them when going over or under a selected value.

gallery_3_29_93529.jpg

Finally, in the monitoring mode itself, you can use the scroll wheel to select which order you want the parameters displayed in.

gallery_3_29_1196690.jpg

gallery_3_29_1185984.jpg

gallery_3_29_1218029.jpg

gallery_3_29_148781.jpg

This one is blurry since I had to turn off the flash, but the shift and alert LED's are very bright and visible. I just set them to both turn on if the car was over 700 rpm and took the picture at just above idle, the parameters for setting up any of the warnings are very flexible.

gallery_3_29_844070.jpg

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Holy shit that is bad ass!
I can datalog/monitor BUT I can reprogram my truck with a tune from Rick...
hmmmm...must resist temptation!

Now for me the million dollar question is this....

Is the USB plug on it as flimsy and half assed like the Xcal one? or is it actually decent?

CobraG

Established Member
So the LW is worth the extra $200? Seems more like it would be more beneficial for you SC'd guys :shrug:

JollyGiant

Established Member
Not right now it isn't. You must return it to your tuner if you get a new tune and the datalogging feature does not work yet.

Dgaffler

Established Member
assasyn said:
Is it worth the extra money?

IMO... its worth it if you arent using a SCT tuner already. If I already had an Xcal II I probably would have went a different route. They still have
some kinks to work out but I havent had any problems with mine.

DG

assasyn

Established Member
Dgaffler said:
IMO... its worth it if you arent using a SCT tuner already. If I already had an Xcal II I probably would have went a different route. They still have
some kinks to work out but I havent had any problems with mine.

DG
OT: Where in Austin do you live. I lived there for 6 years. Best place in the USA IMO.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread