Got Nitto 305/35/20 for the rears, Discount tire is saying it is to wide for the rim

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
My plan was to get the Toyo's for a set of wheels to use when road racing, and an another set of wheels for street driving with drag radials. I'll be interested to hear your impressions after you'd had some time with them. I think the Toyo's look slick so I'd love for them to perform as well as a drag radial, I'm just not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Troponin

Established Member
305s will "work", but I woudl not personally do it. I do know of several guys running them on that set up though. I have 20x11s and I am running 305/35-20s, so I can imagine running them on a 9.5 is a bit of a stretch, especially with such a small sidewall

paluka21

Established Member
305s will "work", but I woudl not personally do it. I do know of several guys running them on that set up though. I have 20x11s and I am running 305/35-20s, so I can imagine running them on a 9.5 is a bit of a stretch, especially with such a small sidewall

Which rear tires are you running?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Stock tires are still on front. They are still in good shape. They don't make the proxes 888 in the correct size for the front.

That's another problem, a lot of great options, but none that seem to come in both sizes for the front and rear. Dunlop makes a great tire also, I think it's the O.E tire on the GTR's, but they only make the size that fits the rear.

How do you like the R888's? How's the road noise?

smokin03

Established Member
I like them a lot, they seem to be considerably more quite than the Nittos. Now that it is getting warmer, I should be able to get some decent driving done and find out how good they really are.

Users who are viewing this thread