Got one today at MSRP

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
After calling every Sac area Ford dealer and hearing $8500 to $15,000 over MSRP, I was resigned to getting another GTO or waiting. Last place I called this afternoon had one left. White with Blue stripes, Sirius, Shaker 1000, and interior upgrade. They wanted $5K over. I said I'd take it today at MSRP. He said I gotta clear it with the owner and will call you back in an hour. True to his word, he called and said: "When are you coming in?" I said 45 mins. Went home got the wife and kids and did the deal in about an hour. No BS at the dealer. Friendly and fast. $55 doc fee and taxes and license. about 10% down and 0% for 36 months. Even gave me a T-shirt with the same color car on it. Drove it home and took the family to Sonic for burgers and ice cream. Life is good. Minor mods planned: Shorty antenna, Flowmaster mufflers, tint. Maybe intake.

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
Congrats man on the car & the deal. I'm looking at a black & tungsten that has been at a dealerships garage for about 4 or 5 months & they want 10k over still. I'm gonna try to get them to go for a msrp deal on it.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Money talks and bull Sh-t walks.

Nice going! HUUUGE Congrats!

Im curious what your deal was like? How much down? Did you have a trade? What was the APR? Did you get 0% for 36 months?? etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Congrats! Thats the way to do it! Call those sales peeps on the phone and play ball that way, instead of just walking in.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Purvis said:

Im curious what your deal was like? How much down? Did you have a trade? What was the APR? Did you get 0% for 36 months?? etc.

Thanks!

about 10% down and 0% for 36 months.

Minor mods planned: Shorty antenna, Flowmaster mufflers, tint. Maybe intake.

Congrats on the purchase, but I personally would look into different choices for mufflers.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Red Turtle said:
about 10% down and 0% for 36 months.

MSRP and 0% financing is not a bad deal at all!!:thumbsup:

HAH- HAH-HAH.
I bet all the dealers who horded all of the GT500's from other dealers at 5 thousand over retail, and have them still sitting on their lots (for sale at 10,000 over MSRP) are all quaking in their boots!! :eek: :xpl:

:lol: :lol:

The house of cards is about to all come tumbling down. About time too!

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Congrats, that is a very nice dealer you found.

I hate Ford dealers in general, always have, a matter of fact, no other car dealership is as poor as Ford's. Lucky you found a decent one it seems.

terminatd

Established Member
Nice work,

With the stock market hit and mortgage refi problems, we may have hit the tipping point. Many have been borrowing home equity to buy toys, that is over. This car is great value at MSRP.

wallie40

Established Member
Congrats, i walked into El Monte, Ca ford, they STILL wanted 25k over. I giggled.

Very good deal. Fairview ford in San Bernardino, Ca has 6 of them, they were selling them for MSRP.

-pAul

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
what kind of payment is that with 10% down and 0% financing for 3 years..........just curious......ty

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
Purvis said:

Thanks!

I put $5K down, no trade. Financed thru Ford at 0% for 36 months. Yeah, the payment is high, but I've got some money coming in the next month (contractor for the state of California awaiting the budget to be passed) and will pay off our other cars and just have the one car payment. See no reason to pay off the GT500 early. Will just use extra cash on the house payment. For anyone out there looking to buy at MSRP all I can say is be prepared to commit to the deal and keep calling the dealers. Tell them MSRP and that you are a serious buyer who won't waste their time and that you are able to do the deal today. Be willing to travel and be flexible on color. I'd have preferred the Red/White or Vista Blue/White over the White/Blue I got, but am happy with the combo.

Users who are viewing this thread