Got Pulled Over for "Intent to Street Race"

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
I was driving home from the bowling alley with a few friends. I was in my car, my buddy in his VW GTi VR6, and my other buddy in his SL500. At the first street light we get to we were joking around revving on each other and took off for a second or two quickly but shut down since we were on the street. We maybe got to 20 mph when we shut down and out of nowhere we get lit up by 3 cops and the three of us get pulled over. I never saw them so we have no clue where they were parked or hiding. They gave me the whole speal about impounding my car giving me a ticket and 3 years probation. To make a long story short, we never went over the speed limit or really got the cars going so I got of with a verbal warning of Intent to Street Race on my record. How long will this stay with me? I never race on the streets and have zero tickets which I think helped.

Juruense

Banned
You were exhibiting speed, revving, and traveling in a pack of other high speed cars, you got a warning and you are complaining?

Maybe by stopping you those police changed your destiny and prevented the fiery crash you were about to be involved in, you should have thanked them

Anyways, stay safe try to make smarter choices. BTW my rims look pretty good on your euro-crapbox :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Verbal warnings are exactly that...verbal warnings. No impact upon your record. You should be extremely happy with that outcome given it was the best possible scenario for you & your friends.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
You can't even be convicted of "intent to kill" or "Intent to rape" let alone "intent to street race. Intent is not a crime...

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
You were exhibiting speed, revving, and traveling in a pack of other high speed cars, you got a warning and you are complaining?

Maybe by stopping you those police changed your destiny and prevented the fiery crash you were about to be involved in, you should have thanked them

Anyways, stay safe try to make smarter choices. BTW my rims look pretty good on your euro-crapbox :beer:

Surely not complaining, I am very lucky that I was givin a warning. I was simply wondering how long the verbal would be with me.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Surely not complaining, I am very lucky that I was givin a warning. I was simply wondering how long the verbal would be with me.

That depends upon how long you are smart enough to remember it. If you die in a fiery crash while street racing, it's safe to say the verbal warning was effectively gone from your (mental) record at that point.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
:fm:

i hope ur being sarcastic? :lol: :dw::shrug:

cause that so called " eurocrap box" is PIMP M3!!!!:bash::burn:

to sum it up!

1.that sucks cops saw you.
2.ur lucky u got off easy
3.bmw m3's are PIMP!
4. drive safe
5. some people can sure be rude on here i hope its just sarcasam!

Last edited:

magRT496

Established Member
pretty nice of them not to give you a ticket.

I was leaving a gas station one time late at night, there were no cars on the road so i gave it a little punch when i took off. no chirping of tires, no other cars, i dont think i ever went over 30mph. john law didnt agree with me and pulled me over for an "improper start" which is apparently just that: a wreckless acceleration from a stop without breaking the speed limit. basically its just another BS law so you cant say i didnt go over the speed limit. that little punch cost me 3 points and $140 bucks. you got lucky.

yellowbra

Established Member
pretty nice of them not to give you a ticket.

I was leaving a gas station one time late at night, there were no cars on the road so i gave it a little punch when i took off. no chirping of tires, no other cars, i dont think i ever went over 30mph. john law didnt agree with me and pulled me over for an "improper start" which is apparently just that: a wreckless acceleration from a stop without breaking the speed limit. basically its just another BS law so you cant say i didnt go over the speed limit. that little punch cost me 3 points and $140 bucks. you got lucky.

Is your car manual? If so I've always used the excuse "well I just learned how to drive stick and i'm still getting used to it" Most of those stupid laws are for cops to get quotas or to find kids with drugs on them.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I've gotten exhibition of speed tickets before, so I know you could at least have been ticketed for that. Plus you were in a pack and took off kind of quick, it wouldn't have surprised me to get pulled over.

But you only got off with a warning, so like others have said, thats not that bad.

Last edited:

DannyStyle22

Established Member
Is your car manual? If so I've always used the excuse "well I just learned how to drive stick and i'm still getting used to it" Most of those stupid laws are for cops to get quotas or to find kids with drugs on them.

The whole quota thing is a myth...

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
No offense but you don’t know what you’re talking about... You could have easily been cited for many offences (i.e. exhibition of speed, waste of finite resources, exc). Just thankfully they were cool cops and just scaring you so you dont do it again.

what exactly is waste of finite resources lolerskate now they can tell me im burning my gas too fast?

SB VENOM

Loves Boost
Established Member
Smooth move, you got really lucky to get that warning. If thats all it really was a "Verbal Warning" then nothing should have gone on your driving record, so you don't have to worry about "how long it will stay with you."

Juruense

Banned
In my younger days I might consider framing a warning ticket that said "intent to street race" on it. Just sayin... :D

SoCalCobra311

Team 5.0
Established Member
:fm:

i hope ur being sarcastic? :lol: :dw::shrug:

cause that so called " eurocrap box" is PIMP M3!!!!:bash::burn:

to sum it up!

1.that sucks cops saw you.
2.ur lucky u got off easy
3.bmw m3's are PIMP!
4. drive safe
5. some people can sure be rude on here i hope its just sarcasam!

thanks. Yeah I'v never had an M3 called a EuroCrap box :shrug: Maybe an old VW would qualify. I used to have an 03 Cobra it made a great down payment for the CrapBox. So anyways, the cop said he was putting a "note" on my record that he gave me a verbal so if I got caught again, I would get the full punishment. :uh oh:

Last edited:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
No offense but you don’t know what you’re talking about... You could have easily been cited for many offences (i.e. exhibition of speed, waste of finite resources, exc). Just thankfully they were cool cops and just scaring you so you dont do it again.

I don't? My, how tactful of you to say. Please show me anyone who has ever gotten a legitimate citation for "intent to street race."

Thanks,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread