Got put in my place tonight by a 996 TT

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
I can't be too sad, all I have is intak and exhaust, but man, what a car. It pulled on me like a 1000cc street bike. It was fun having my butt handed to me. He said he was a member here, so I'm hoping he gets to see this. Also, so it doesn't get moved, any updates on the TT kits for the Cobras? Anybody have them installed yet?

To the blacked out Porche :bowdown: ....

-Marcus

xxxzach

Established Member
i'll bet its the only guy i can think of that has a 996TT on here ;) i can't remember his name cause he only posts once in a long while.

BLackBoLT01

Established Member
His Sn is 996TTx50 ...just found it in the members file. His car is very gifted, granted I can't drive real with my my bad knee, but even if I could, it wouldn't had made any difference

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Look him up again when you ride is nicely modded. LOL!

996TTx50

Established Member
Marcus,

You're a very cool guy and you have a beautiful car.
"I'm always up for a race" -- thats why I like Cobra owners!!! It was great meeting you last night. Thanks for the races! :beer:

Don't feel bad about losing because, as others have noted, my car is heavily modded. You would have faired much better against a stock 996TT.

BTW, your exhaust sounds awesome!!

996TTx50

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by BLackBoLT01
any updates on the TT kits for the Cobras? Anybody have them installed yet?

X2C Motorsports has a turbo kit for your car. Ive seen it installed on a shop car and, from what I understand, it pulls like a freight train.

X2C03firstrun06.jpg

996TTx50

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
whats ur car pushin 966?

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by Easy
whats ur car pushin 966?
I have never dynoed my car. Based upon what others with similar mods are dynoing, I should currently be in the neighborhood of 600 awhp, but that is just an estimate (which ain't worth the computer screen its written on).

996TTx50

J15BIG

Established Member
Originally posted by 996TTx50
I should currently be in the neighborhood of 600 awhp, but that is just an estimate

holy moly that sounds like one sic porsche:bowdown:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 996TTx50
I have never dynoed my car. Based upon what others with similar mods are dynoing, I should currently be in the neighborhood of 600 awhp, but that is just an estimate (which ain't worth the computer screen its written on).

996TTx50
600 ponies sound good enough, but when coupled with AWD....sweet! Very sweet! Must be an absolute ball to launch.

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
Mr Craig, you know what your car does. Why are you racing intake and exhaust Cobra's when you know you've beaten KB Cobras like mine? You bad person you! Anyway, whats up man?? How have you been? I see youre still eating up everyone. You still going to Porter Ranch for runs? Let me know. I hope you didn't forget about me either since you put me to shame with my KB 03. Everyone, avoid this car if you see it. I put down 592 to the ground @ 17 pounds and I didn't even give this car a run at all. He pulled on me a good 1 and a half car maybe even more. Crazy fast car he owns.

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by Vindication
Mr Craig, you know what your car does. Why are you racing intake and exhaust Cobra's when you know you've beaten KB Cobras like mine? You bad person you! Anyway, whats up man?? How have you been? I see youre still eating up everyone. You still going to Porter Ranch for runs? Let me know. I hope you didn't forget about me either since you put me to shame with my KB 03. Everyone, avoid this car if you see it. I put down 592 to the ground @ 17 pounds and I didn't even give this car a run at all. He pulled on me a good 1 and a half car maybe even more. Crazy fast car he owns.

Hey man . . . . long time no see. How ya been? Speaking of sick cars, yours is a beast!!! Last I heard, you were swapping the KB for a turbo . . . did you ever do that?

My race with Marcus was unplanned . . . based on the way his car sounded, I assumed he had more than intake and exhaust (I don't know better). He is a very cool guy!

I haven't been to Porter Ranch lately . . . how bout you? I might try to swing by during the next few weeks. Do you still have my number? Call me when you're out and about looking for trouble.

996TTx50

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
600 ponies sound good enough, but when coupled with AWD....sweet! Very sweet! Must be an absolute ball to launch.

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, its a bitch to launch fast. The car is designed for road racing, as opposed to 1/4 miles.

996TTx50

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
boy word gets out fast about the turbo. Yeah, I've been trying to lay low about the entire project but seems like everyone knows now. Mark Lutton former X2C employee now has his own shop in Oxnard is going to be doing the work. I've spoken to him a few times about building a 5.4 turbo car. Something of what he has just more streetable. I'd like to get about 700-850 to the ground out of the thing but we'll see. Its a huge project and its definately not around the corner but will be done. I do still have your number and I will give you a call. kit. Laters..

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
boy word gets out fast about the turbo. Yeah, I've been trying to lay low about the entire project but seems like everyone knows now. Mark Lutton former X2C employee now has his own shop in Oxnard is going to be doing the work. I've spoken to him a few times about building a 5.4 turbo car. Something of what he has just more streetable. I'd like to get about 700-850 to the ground out of the thing but we'll see. Its a huge project and its definately not around the corner but will be done. I do still have your number and I will give you a call. kit. Laters..
If you're going turbo and are planning on streeting the car you shoud stay with a TT setup...it will spool faster and be more fun.

996TTx50

Established Member

Mark's 5.4 turbo is a legand. Good luck with your project . . . . it should be a awesome.

996TTx50

Users who are viewing this thread