GOT ROBBED! Need T56, Clutch, flywheel, Driveshaft

stone4779

Established Member
When I try to slide it up on there its not only that teeth count are less on the driveshaft, but the overall size of the nub on the T56 is too big for the driveshaft's nub to slide onto it.

stone4779

Established Member
T56-output-shaft-Jules-counted.gif

31 Spline. Looks like according to D&D it is in fact a Magnum. Hmm great for the customer but omg a pain for me. Wow the punches keep rolling. At least Troy here sent me a driveshaft I can hack up. thanks again Troy.

stone4779

Established Member
I spoke to Don at D&D Performance and he said that this transmission is 1.25" longer than normal but I can shorten the stocker 1.25" and put a 31 spline slip yoke. (Spicer part #2-3-6041X)

He stated that that yoke accepts a 1350 u joint and the stock 03/04 Cobra driveshaft accepts a 1330 u joint so a "hybrid" or "conversion" u joint must be used.

This is the information I have as of now.

Sunday I an supposed to meet with my welder and we can install it after shortening, then check the runout and if ht erunout is good then tack it in place, then rremove it from the car to weld a nice bead all the way around.

A lot of crap but at least he wont have to worry about the output shaft upgrade lol already done :)

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
So when we getting pics and vids of this thing? I'm glad it's coming together lil by lil! And for the punches, your doing good for taking so many. Good luck bro :)

SVTPete83

Established Member
T56-output-shaft-Jules-counted.gif

31 Spline. Looks like according to D&D it is in fact a Magnum. Hmm great for the customer but omg a pain for me. Wow the punches keep rolling. At least Troy here sent me a driveshaft I can hack up. thanks again Troy.

There is no way this is a magnum t-56. As stated in my original add this was an early mexican built version of the t-56. It might have a better output shaft but it's only rated for 450lb-ft of Tq. In my original add I stated that is why I replaced it with a magnum, because my motor was going to far exceed that 450. If you look at the shifter housing a magnum shifter uses 6 bolts. Stock t-56 only uses 4. It has four. I saw you post today and just wanted you to be clear on what you bought. This is not a magnum...

stone4779

Established Member
There is no way this is a magnum t-56. As stated in my original add this was an early mexican built version of the t-56. It might have a better output shaft but it's only rated for 450lb-ft of Tq. In my original add I stated that is why I replaced it with a magnum, because my motor was going to far exceed that 450. If you look at the shifter housing a magnum shifter uses 6 bolts. Stock t-56 only uses 4. It has four. I saw you post today and just wanted you to be clear on what you bought. This is not a magnum...

Sorry for the delay, I havent had time to log on at all.

OK Cool, yeah it looks like somebody upgraded the output shaft, left the stock input shaft, and like you said, upgraded the throwout bearing retainer.

I had called D&D and thats what they told me it was, I just posted what they told me. Either way its a good buy, I have a guy that all he does is mustangs and he also does transmissions. If I(we) have any trouble with it later, I'll just take it to him. A good rebuild on a T56 isnt really that hard or expensive if you know somebody.

Hopefuly we dont have to go there. I ran 500rwhp on my H/C/Spray LS1 for years dogging the crap out of it and it took quite a beating before I had any issues. Eventually 3rd was harder to engage and I had it rebuilt and after that zero problems.

But like I said, hopefully we dont have to go there :D

stone4779

Established Member
OK GUYS TODAY WE FIRED IT UP!

FINALLY!

Took a lot months of packed schedules for both me and Jules, the owner... a month or two waiting for parts and a month or two of all nighters looking for bolts and stuff but it IS running.

There is a clutch issue, which, hopefully we can correct tomorrow. We *may have to pull the transmission back off if the throwout bearing isnt on there right or something. Thats the only thing I can think of.

The clutch pedal goes tot the floor wuite easily, too easily..and I dont feel the the clutch is disengaging. Tomorrow Ill have someone actuate the clutch pedal while I sneak a peak through the opening and see if *maybe I put the throwout bearing on beackwards like a dumbass or something. Other than that I cant think of any reason why it wouldnt be disengaging.

The clutch cable adjuster I installed years ago is adjusted all the way out, and it still feels like is isnt disengaging all the way. I guess Ill find out tomorrow!

It's runing at least!

We still need to burp the coolant system fully, let it reach operating temperature, connect the steering shaft, and get the driveshaft checked and cut if necessary by a driveshaft shop.

and maybe pulling the transmission to flip the throwout bearing around. lol :mj:

Thanks again to everyone who hooked us up on the deals and the people who donated parts and sent some change in for the cause. It would have definately sucked a lot more without SVTPerformance :beer:

:rockon: :lol1:

stone4779

Established Member
on a side note, Troy, the driveshaft, after swapping the u joint and yoke, it looks like there is plenty of clearance on the driveshaft just by looking at it....but Im going to take it to a driveshaft shop just to be sure.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Congratz on getting her fired up! Ps
That was me that upgraded the throw out bearing sleeve. It's a bran spanking new ford racing piece.

stone4779

Established Member
Congratz on getting her fired up! Ps
That was me that upgraded the throw out bearing sleeve. It's a bran spanking new ford racing piece.

Oh ok cool

Well once I get a helper to hit the clutch for me Ill know if the throwout bearing backwards or whats going on down there...hopefully its just something minor and I dont have to pull the tranny lol :banana:

JuleSvt

Established Member
ohhh sweet baby jesus please let it be something simple hahah...
and once again thanks to all helped with this build..

Users who are viewing this thread