Got SMOKED by C6Z

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I am on my way to work and the expressway merges in another and behind me is a C6Z coming up kinda slow. Traffic backs up a little and the right lane opens up and he goes around me looking over and smiling. I knew I would lose but wanted to play anyway. So I follow in 3rd and he hits it and so do I. He pulls as hard as I expected, this was from about 70mph to about 90-100 where he shuts down about 1.5 to 2 cars ahead. He did wave by to me as he left. The 2nd run he is waiting for me and I start to pull beside hoping to get the hit and let him run me down but I can't find 3rd and end up in 5th. Well he left real good and then slowed down and smiles again. I give him a grin and a thumbs up and go to work. T56 OWNERS FIND THE LINK ON CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT IT WORKS! I CAN NOW FIND 3RD! The car was beautiful and faster than a mother!

ShaneHayes

Established Member
glad to hear you had fun, while getting owned.lol good to hear he was a sport about it too. i'm assuming you have either an 03 or 04? mods? did he sound stock?

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I have an 03 with bassani catted x, mac catback, bbk t-body & cold air, and 95mm C&L. I believe it was tuned by the previous owner as it has about 12 to 1 A/F ratio. I think he was stock.

THAITED

Established Member
What is your number. That was a nice run, I don't know about 12-1 A/F though, it might be too dangerous for me mine is at 11 range.

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
T56 OWNERS FIND THE LINK ON CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT IT WORKS! I CAN NOW FIND 3RD! The car was beautiful and faster than a mother!

Geting a firewall adjuster and metal quadrant makes it even better.....
I had the hardest time with my car before I did this mod, It shifted very inconsistently, now its fun to drive again.:burnout:

89shoyamaha

Established Member
I want to get it dynoed and make some quarter passes when the weather breaks. I have never been down the 1320' & need some practice especially getting out of the hole. If I were to guess I would say it is putting down about 400 to the wheels. Does this sound about right with my mods?

Z06

Established Member
sounds fun man, i like to hear ppl not whine about their losses! good team player!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Get up upper, a lower, and a port........might be able to keep up with a stock one for the first few gears. Those things pull hard in the end of the quater mile. 12.0 should be fine my tuner says the 11.7-12.2 range is good. What type of tires are you going to run when you get to the track? I have only made passes on street tires and the best 60 ft I have made has been a 2s flat.

Users who are viewing this thread