Got some kills on a gt500 this weekend

mrfiveoh

Established Member
I guess my predictions from Forza were correct. lol the 1st 2 gears in a 2010 gt500 are useless. Saturday raced my buddies stock 2010 gt500 in my stock 2013 gt. He knew he was gonna have traction problems , so I decided to let him move 1st. I won 2 outta 3x. But, boy was he coming after the 1/4 sheesh. The 1 time he won, he left super soft and was able to get thru the box without spinning to bad. But the others I gained what I gave up givin him the quick by the time I got to 2nd gear. 3rdgear passed him and kept on Truckin....

Love my lil ole coyote....:dw:

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
So professional test drivers are running 13.5 @ 108 and you are running 12.45 @ 112 bone stock?

Seems legit

I also think your buddy needs to learn how to drive.

03DontMach

Established Member
So professional test drivers are running 13.5 @ 108 and you are running 12.45 @ 112 bone stock?

Seems legit

I also think your buddy needs to learn how to drive.

I have seen bone stock 5.0's running lower 12's then that. No way professionals' have been running 13.5. Way to slow. I think the fastest I have seen is like 12.2 or so. I think you need to recheck your sources. ;)

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
I am just going by the stats provided by the test drivers.

Are you saying they dont push the car to its limits when they test it?

Just curious.

And it does not change the fact that the 2010 GT500 is a faster car than a stock GT.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I am just going by the stats provided by the test drivers.

Are you saying they dont push the car to its limits when they test it?

Just curious.

And it does not change the fact that the 2010 GT500 is a faster car than a stock GT.

You mean the new 5.0 isn't the fastest Mustang EVAR? :-D

Last I heard they were taking down Bugatti Veyron Super Sports with just CAI, exhaust, and an air freshner......

In for the "ZOMG 5.0 iz so gud!?" responses. :pop:

mrfiveoh

Established Member
Its no doubt the gt500 is supposed to be faster than a stock gt. However, traction some times wins races. MPH has no use when its to late 4 it to mattter, if u get what im sayiin. That gt500 couldnt get that 500hp to the ground. My car gets outta the hole like a champ leavin at 1800 drop the clutch i dont spin.

Btw, heres my bone stock run at cecil still had paper tags.

mdmax track day - YouTube

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Its no doubt the gt500 is supposed to be faster than a stock gt. However, traction some times wins races. MPH has no use when its to late 4 it to mattter, if u get what im sayiin. That gt500 couldnt get that 500hp to the ground. My car gets outta the hole like a champ leavin at 1800 drop the clutch i dont spin.

I agree completely about the traction. My biggest problem when I take my car to the track is trying to find the right balance with radials so I dont spin all the way through 3rd.

But I have been told that DR's will fix all that shit. I just am too lazy to change them when I go.

Nice pass by the way.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member

Was that a modded Maixma you were racing? lol I could not tell.

That GTR was ****ing sick btw.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Arent the guys that test drive the cars and post the numbers for the public professional drivers?

Or is Ford just letting a guy from the IT department run a few quarters for them?

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Ok, the more I think about this shit the more I dont buy it.

I am a marketing and sales professional. Car dealerships probably have the best marketing departments in the country.

Why would they not want the best numbers possible posted for their marketing material.

If the car can run a 12.4 then why would they want a 13.5 posted???????

That would be idiotic

stangposse

Established Member
Professional drivers?? Please! It is well known that these test drivers from the magazines launch at idle and granny shift. Let a C&D or MT tester lineup against Evan Smith with the same stick car and chances are you will see AT LEAST a 1 second difference in the 1/4 mile times.

I'm pretty sure the manufacturer would never post numbers that could only be replicated by dumping a clutch at 4k and powershifting.

Numbers on automatic cars might not be as far off.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Who are these professional test drivers you speak of?
Exactly, 13.5 is more like average drivers. I've seen the magazines put it down at 12.8-12.9.
OP also has a base, I know its only a couple pounds (-50?), I believe him if he is already in the 12s.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
Professional drivers?? Please! It is well known that these test drivers from the magazines launch at idle and granny shift. Let a C&D or MT tester lineup against Evan Smith with the same stick car and chances are you will see AT LEAST a 1 second difference in the 1/4 mile times.

I'm pretty sure the manufacturer would never post numbers that could only be replicated by dumping a clutch at 4k and powershifting.

Numbers on automatic cars might not be as far off.

That may be true, but I am talking about Ford test drivers.

There is absolutely no advantage to them not posting the best numbers possible.

Please explain.

I know nothing about the C&D or MT drivers. They could granny shift all day for all I care.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Shaydawg......what the hell are you talking about? I dont think you should post anymore till you sober up.

5.0s have ALWAYS run 12s.......The v6 runs mid to high 13s.

13.5 @ 108........:bash:

I have friends with 5.0s at my altitude that run better than that in 7000+ Density Altitude.

Users who are viewing this thread