13GT500SG

Established Member
super cobra jet throttle body. this thing is beautiful and woth the money
jlt big air intake (plastic)
offroad xpipe
steeda shifter
10 percent lower
sct tuner with Jon Lund tune!

cant wait to get the stuff installed! hopefully this weekend!

how much more power do you guys think the 15% lower pulley will make over my 10%??

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
IMHO I would verify the tune on a dyno, especially after the car has warmed up. Listen carefully for detonation to ensure the tune is good and safe.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I hope you enjoyed the little bit of traction you used to have in 1st and 2nd, because most of that is history now. At least until you upgrade your tires.:D

13GT500SG

Established Member
really? so i made a thread asking if a lund tune would be a good idea witb these mods.... everyone said yes. Itll be pracyically just as good ss custom dyno tube. now i bdtter check for detonation??

topless10th

Established Member
really? so i made a thread asking if a lund tune would be a good idea witb these mods.... everyone said yes. Itll be pracyically just as good ss custom dyno tube. now i bdtter check for detonation??
making a few pulls on a dyno is always informative, probably not necessary with the limited number of mods you have. most lund tunes are flawless, joe5.0 will not respond with current info (most feel his problem is an air leak), but he is the only issue i am aware of with a tune. put your parts on and enjoy. my 15% lower goes on the 8th of october and i have zero concerns about the tune. will i dyno it sometime, maybe???

13GT500SG

Established Member
Lol i wish i knew peteypab... my car was stock and clutch is toast. Lwts just hope that was a dud haha. Im prob going to try another stock clutch. As for an update. Now the dealership must send ford my clutch for them to determine if it was "abused" or not. FORD IS GETTING ON MY NERVES.... However, the dealership seems to be trying to help.

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
It's ALWAYS important to verify tune. I don't care what the fanboys say, no mail order tune is perfect for every car. Problem is, not perfect can have huge consequences. That motor is about $20k+. Spend the $75 for three pulls after you mod it.

topless10th

Established Member
.i have "verified" several email tunes and never seen one that was not conservative. haven't dyno'd this one yet but it is a very well known bolt-on combo.

Last edited:

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Really.... Call Van and ask if every tune has worked for every car....

Nice response btw. Just saying, be cautious. Not every problem ends up on the Internet.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I dont know why people are getting so damn testy and nervous....a lot of mail orders are good, once they have been dialed in, but I dont think its a bad idea to be sure also. Plus the dyno will A. give you an idea of where you are at power wise B. you can datalog the car to see how shes running C. If there is anything slightly amiss, you can correct it

people really need to calm down and enjoy their cars!

topless10th

Established Member
i know of issues that were worked out, don't know of any 20k purchases being necessary. look, i'm all about enjoying the car. i have a tune for small mods that i love, have another one coming for a lower pulley that i'm confident about. i don't have an issue with checking things but more problems get heard about than positives, ALWAYS.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
Twin 65 is the way to go.

Direct Quote From BlackShelby over on stangmafia in a similar CJ T/B Thread

I really wanted to leave this and save for another post. but......
Mono-blade was worth 27hp peak power on the same setup same day same dyno same car.
The prototype TB was worth the same 27 peak as the mono-blade's but power from 2-5krpm was as much as 10hp better then the mono-blade in that range.From 5k up the prototype TB follows the mono-blade curve
Comparing the CJ TB to the mono-blade unless I had strictly a race car I would use/prefer the CJ TB (15hp) over the mono-blade (27hp).
Drivablity , throttle response and idle is far superior compared to the mono-blade. The CJ TB still allows the use of all the Ford parameters/settings in the stock program without being altered(dash-pot controls/idle controls etc which most have to shut off or modify in the program when using the mono-blade)It also does make a couple more hp ver the mono-blade at the lower rpms Above 5k is where the other two pulled away from the CJ TB.
Again I don't think anybody could go wrong with the CJ TB.
It is a quality piece with great looks ,good hp gains and needs zero tunning.

Last edited:

GreggsSVT

Established Member
i know of issues that were worked out, don't know of any 20k purchases being necessary. look, i'm all about enjoying the car. i have a tune for small mods that i love, have another one coming for a lower pulley that i'm confident about. i don't have an issue with checking things but more problems get heard about than positives, ALWAYS.

You don't need another tune for 3lbs of boost.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Lol i wish i knew peteypab... my car was stock and clutch is toast. Lwts just hope that was a dud haha. Im prob going to try another stock clutch. As for an update. Now the dealership must send ford my clutch for them to determine if it was "abused" or not. FORD IS GETTING ON MY NERVES.... However, the dealership seems to be trying to help.

Have they sent the clutch out yet? If not think you could some pics?

13GT500SG

Established Member
Yes they just sent out. The floating disc shattered... holes in bell housing and starter hurt. Clutch looks hot. But if they dont warranty it looks hot i would flip shit.

Users who are viewing this thread