Got the 315's on the stock rim just fine

Shanezam203

Established Member
I put the factory 10th anniversary rims back on my Cobra and gave my other Cobra rims to my buddy who has a 99gt. He has 315 Nitto's so I was curious to know if they would go on without any issues.

But they went on fine, thanks for the help on here last week. Just wanted to post some pics of my car with the factory 10ths back on, and his GT with the Cobra rims and the 315's. Still gotta get him some center caps for him, but I think they look good on his car.

JoesStangnewrims31-vi.jpg

JoesStangnewrims8-vi.jpg

JoesStangnewrims28-vi.jpg

JoesStangnewrims30-vi.jpg

JoesStangnewrims24-vi.jpg

NewCobraRimsagain1-vi.jpg

NewCobraRimsagain18-vi.jpg

NewCobraRimsagain20-vi.jpg

:beer: Shane

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
And people claim a 315 is way to wide for the stockers in the rear... :uh oh: I dont think so...I think they look great :beer: Very nice :thumbsup:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Nittos 315's are just fine for the stock 9" wheel b/c they seem to run a smaller size. In reality its really about a 295. Look at pics differences between the Nitto 315's and BFG 315's on the stock 9" and tell me there isn't a size difference.

JMD0346

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Nittos 315's are just fine for the stock 9" wheel b/c they seem to run a smaller size. In reality its really about a 295. Look at pics differences between the Nitto 315's and BFG 315's on the stock 9" and tell me there isn't a size difference.

Definitely. BFG's are an advertised 1" wider if Im not mistaken. 11.75 for nitto and 12.75 for BFG? Ive had two sets of nittos and now BFG's. Wont be going back to Nitto.

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
I just put some 315 bfg drags on some stock wheels today. Their close but they work! :thumbsup:

These cars really move when you get some rubber on the back! :burnout:

275's .........whatever!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
um 315's in nittos are about all that will fit at that size because the nittos are way undersized (its not really a 315).

try putting a 295 gs d3 on there or a pilot sport, just not gonna happen.
you wont get a bfg 315 on there either.

someone has one of those charts on this site somewhere showing the real width in inches for those most common tires used by cobra people, becomes pretty clear just how small a nitto 315 really is.

but they work so enjoy :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have GS-D3 Goodyears in a 315 on my 10.5" wheel. We had to use a shoe-horn on these bad boys. So yes, a Nitto 315 is not even close to a standard 315.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Ever see the ad.....

Where this fat guy is wearing a Speedo next to a pool & it the ad goes...

Just because it fits...doesn't mean it looks right

FIRST...Lower both cars!!! I didn't think ANYONE hadn't changed/cut springs by now...what are you waiting for these cars look terrible at stock height.

Second....Tire co's put recommended rim sizes for a reason...3.15's should be on at least a 10" (11-12" for BFG's) rims. You can buy wheels for $600/set..If you can afford tires why not wheels too???

Sorry to be nasty, but this is just a bad deal any way you look at it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Wow, I forgot how high these things are from the factory.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Shanezam203 said:
315 BFG's on a stock 9" rim look a little funny???

BFG 315s on 9" wheels... :uh oh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ye ole trusty tire width chart... :-D

TIRES.gif

Users who are viewing this thread