Got the car dynoed.... your opinions please

SVT8U

Established Member
first off, the mods to the car are as follows.

Steeda cai
magnaflow catback
2.93, 4# combo. 100mm aux idler, replaced stock idlers w/ billetflow ones.
sct 2400maf
xcal2 with amazon tune
nkgtr6 IX plugs
18 inch AFS 03 cobra wheels
Best 1/4 mile to date with above mods 12.05 @ 119 1.78 60'

Yesterday I went and got my car dynoed at a local shop that uses a mustang dyno.

1st pull-
I drove for about an hour to get to the shop, and my car had about 10 min cooldown before it was put on.

max tq was 441 @ about 3500 and max hp was 403 @ about 5600
AFR through tailpipe sniffer was 12.8 with a max of 15.1:dw: I know tailpip sniffer is a little leaner than a wideband but isnt that still on the lean side? BTW the afr was 15.1 at 3900 rpms and drops to 12.3 after 3800...

2nd pull-
5 min after the 1st pull, heatsoaked like a mother. max tq was 445 @ 3200 and max power was 358 @ 5300.
AFR wqas 12.5 max and 12.3 avg.

I know that a mustang dyno reads lower than a dynojet, but these still seem low to me for a car with my mods. What would the # be (approx) if this were a dynojet?

I also know that the 18inch wheels dont help things, I know they are robbing power. I read somewhere on this site that someone lost almost 30 rwhp from switching from 17's to 18's. Is that about right? :shrug:

I see most cars with my combo in the 470rwhp range and over 500rwtq. Im guessing those are dynojet #'s, but mine still seem low in comparison.
So if anyone could answer my questions or provide any thoughts I would greatly appreciate it.:beer: :pop:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Egads! Somethings is definitely messed up with that dyno and tune IMO. I would say a bit more the dyno because a 12.05 @ 119 timeslip doesn't match up with those low numbers. If those A/F numbers are correct, you're running lean and need to add some fuel. I would recommend hooking up a wideband first and datalog to check your A/F. If the A/F is indeed lean you need to revise your tune. If the A/F is correct (ie. 11.5-11.75 max) with the wideband then I would again suspect the dyno and find another dyno.

SVT8U

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Egads! Somethings is definitely messed up with that dyno and tune IMO. I would say a bit more the dyno because a 12.05 @ 119 timeslip doesn't match up with those low numbers. If those A/F numbers are correct, you're running lean and need to add some fuel. I would recommend hooking up a wideband first and datalog to check your A/F. If the A/F is indeed lean you need to revise your tune. If the A/F is correct (ie. 11.5-11.75 max) with the wideband then I would again suspect the dyno and find another dyno.

We datalogged the car with a wideband and it was 12.2 or 12.3 avg I think. Let me see if I can find the logs.....

and the tune was done by Rick @ amazon.... :shrug:

TIMS93GT

Established Member
SVT8U said:
We datalogged the car with a wideband and it was 12.2 or 12.3 avg I think. Let me see if I can find the logs.....

and the tune was done by Rick @ amazon.... :shrug:

Somethings not adding up....

Call Amazon and talk to them, Im sure they will help you out.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick will need the logs from your dyno runs to look at...giving him a call would be a good start at getting to the bottom of why your car didnt dyno well..

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
CobraBob said:

+1.

Users who are viewing this thread