Got the MPH but

MD03SVT

Established Member
Well after 2 trips to the track and only 5 runs with the new set-up TVS/2.60 the MPH is what I was expecting 135-137 but the ET's aren't due to poor 60's 1.49 -1.66 compared to 1.44-1.49 before the TVS.I am running a true trac and it is very unconsistant at this power level as I an all over the place off the line.I have heard good things about the detroit locker and would like to hear from anyone using one on there GT500.

R1Lello

Established Member
Hey Ted,

Other than a spool (which sucks on the street) the Detroit locker is THE best for the drags............there are no better simple!! Tad noisy as it ratchets but it's the one to go with.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Hey Ted: Great MPH but it seems to me the true trac is going away with the inconsistent 60's! Like I said before, the detroit locker is a great diff for the 1/4 and for the occassional street use you do with your car. That's what I run in my '71 Mach 1 like I told you at E-Town. Never had any problems with it when I drove the car on the street, but I never drove the car in the rain. If I had my Shelby set up to do what you are doing, I definetely would have the detroit locker in the rear. Wish you the best.....Barry

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
if you still drive around on the street, then you should look at selectable lockers like the eaton elocker, ox locker(cable actuated), auburn ECTED(electronic, limited slip when open), or ARB air locker. you certainly won't be breaking these and you will still have some manners on the street(especially during bad weather).

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well after 2 trips to the track and only 5 runs with the new set-up TVS/2.60 the MPH is what I was expecting 135-137 but the ET's aren't due to poor 60's 1.49 -1.66 compared to 1.44-1.49 before the TVS.I am running a true trac and it is very unconsistant at this power level as I an all over the place off the line.I have heard good things about the detroit locker and would like to hear from anyone using one on there GT500.

sellparts023.jpg

had one in mine liked it went to the m9

have it still make me an offer like new maybe 1000 miles

davidhuff

Established Member
Hoosier 28 x 10.5 X 15 slicks pulled the DS front wheel on a 1.53 60' yesterday but far from my 1.44 of last season.
The DETROIT LOCKER TRUETRAC is a great unit and would be a waste of money to change out.I would try a BMR rear xtreme anti-roll bar(part#XSB005) and the price is $449.95 and put on a good set of adjustable rear shocks.The new cobra jet runs a anti roll bar almost just like this one and it really works.Just my .02 cents!David

MD03SVT

Established Member
The DETROIT LOCKER TRUETRAC is a great unit and would be a waste of money to change out.I would try a BMR rear xtreme anti-roll bar(part#XSB005) and the price is $449.95 and put on a good set of adjustable rear shocks.The new cobra jet runs a anti roll bar almost just like this one and it really works.Just my .02 cents!David

I already have ajustable rear shocks and started with the settings from before the TVS and now have soften them up to provide more weight transfer and after watching video's of my run's where I can see that both wheels are not turning at the same speed thus causing the car to veer to the right.An anti roll bar would defintly help but I need to get both wheels spinning at the same speed to properly set up my suspension.

ls1eater

Established Member

Damn 137 is moving dont mind me asking what is the weight of your car....Do you have a lot of weight reduction and whats your power with the tvs???

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Damn 137 is moving dont mind me asking what is the weight of your car....Do you have a lot of weight reduction and whats your power with the tvs???

Yes, I'd like to know too. The one time I'd like to see a long sig file with all the mods listed... :rockon:

MD03SVT

Established Member
Yes, I'd like to know too. The one time I'd like to see a long sig file with all the mods listed... :rockon:

My car was on the cover of april MM&FF for a shootout at e-town last fall with the stock eaton blower it was 3918lbs at that time with me aboard and other than the TVS nothing else has changed since then so race weight should be the same.Here are all the mods before and after the TVS.
2.60 pulley
JLT CF intake
American racing long tubes w/catted x-pipe and MBRP axel back
4'' aluminum DS w/loop
BMR ajustable 3rd link and mount and trailing arms.
8.8 w/Truetrac-4.10's-diff griddle
Tokico Dspec ajustable strut/shocks
Eibach prokit.
Autopower 6pt NHRA legal roll bar
Corbeau A4 leather seats
Autometer gauges (4)
Holeshot pentastar wheels 15x1 & 15x4
Hoosier 28x10.5x15 slicks and 27x4x15 front runners
Steeda H/E and moroso tank
Tune by Jon Lund

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
.........and I've seen him plug the gears at Toronto Motorsports Park.......he's a plugger.....excellent quarter miler. Well done, wow, TVS @137 must be the best so far with a TVS

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Had a 9" detroit locker with 4.56 gears in my big block 68 GT about 15 years ago after I blew up the spider gears in the stock differential. I loved it. I did have that ratcheting sound during slow tight turns, but I actually liked that. The new ones may be a bit quieter around tight turns if you care about that.

Users who are viewing this thread