Got the saleen back from dyno #'s!!

saleenmuscle18

Established Member
Guess the #'s the car is stock besides 8psi pulley, 39lb injectors, and sct 91 octane tune(06 saleen sc)

Picture029.jpg

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
millerc73 said:

EXSPLAIN MYTH...IAM LOOKIN TO PURCHASE AN 07GT AND I LIKE TO PUT THE H.O. WHIPPLE ON IT AT 10PSI. I WAS TOLD BY SEVERAL REPUTABLE TUNERS THAT STOCK INTERNAL WON'T HOLD UP VERY LONG.

millerc73

Established Member
True the stock enging has hypereutectic pistons, and small connecting rods but they are alot stronger than people give them credit for. Where a person can get into trouble is with the tune. If you have a tune that has a poor air/fuel ratio or too much timing for the octane of fuel that the person is using then you will have undue stress on these weaker parts. I feel that if you have a good tune and run good gas you can get away with making at least 500rwhp safely for an long period of time. Another reason why some folks say that 450rwhp is the limit, is that's what a few folks on the internet have said so they take it for gold. With a whipple or other twinscrew or roots supercharger you will have to make more boost than a person with a turbo to get the same rwhp due to the parasitic loss associated with superchargers, this will put more heat into the engine which can also cause detonation and catastrophic failure. If you have a good tune, you can make 500rwhp safely with a Whipple IMO, you probably wont make it with 10 PSI but it can be done. I chose a turbo but would have been satisfied with a whipple or KB also.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
millerc73 said:
True the stock enging has hypereutectic pistons, and small connecting rods but they are alot stronger than people give them credit for. Where a person can get into trouble is with the tune. If you have a tune that has a poor air/fuel ratio or too much timing for the octane of fuel that the person is using then you will have undue stress on these weaker parts. I feel that if you have a good tune and run good gas you can get away with making at least 500rwhp safely for an long period of time. Another reason why some folks say that 450rwhp is the limit, is that's what a few folks on the internet have said so they take it for gold. With a whipple or other twinscrew or roots supercharger you will have to make more boost than a person with a turbo to get the same rwhp due to the parasitic loss associated with superchargers, this will put more heat into the engine which can also cause detonation and catastrophic failure. If you have a good tune, you can make 500rwhp safely with a Whipple IMO, you probably wont make it with 10 PSI but it can be done. I chose a turbo but would have been satisfied with a whipple or KB also.

THANKS FOR THE INSITE ON THE 3V...THIS WILL FACTOR IN TO THE DECISION ON WHAT PULLY TO RUN ON THE WHIPPLE 6LBS OR 10LBS.

96 chris

Established Member
03MUSCLE said:
THANKS FOR THE INSITE ON THE 3V...THIS WILL FACTOR IN TO THE DECISION ON WHAT PULLY TO RUN ON THE WHIPPLE 6LBS OR 10LBS.

You know that there is a CapsLock button to the left of the letter A on your keyboard...;-)

JimIII@jdm

The only thing that concerns me unless the tuner put a boost a pump or twin fuel pumps in the car 474 HP would max out the stock single pump and tread it lean after 5000 RPMS. Ive seen it a hundred times as we do this combination Everyday here. Now we have made 480 on the stock pump but i set the rev limiter back to 6000 RPMS when if you have fuel you can run it to 6500+!!

JimIII

RodeoFlyer

Established Member
I'd still love for someone to explain to me how the TUNE alters the integrity of the connecting rods. The tune will prevent burning holes in the pistons, but the rods suck - period. How long they last will vary depending on amount and onset of boost, however in the end the result will be the same.

It's just like guys that do steroids saying they're safe if you cycle them properly - ignorance from guys wanting to be the exception to the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread