Got to drive a friend's GT500

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Well, I've driven it a couple times before, but this time I hooked up the GoPro and recorded a few pulls. I came home and thew 'em all together right quick. I got the feel of the car during the first pull - the last pull I think was the best. She's fun! :banana:

This is also the same Shelby I raced a while back and posted a couple videos of. Lemme know what y'all think. He and I are gonna do a few runs against each other once I get my heads back on. I went from a 3.33" to 2.95" pulley and I'm curious to see how my foxbody would stack up against it this time, since I wasn't too far behind it when I had the 3.33" pulley, and I'm now pushing about 4 pounds more of boost.

PS - watch in HD!

[youtube_browser]oxh-mBCnTUE[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wish it was done during the day, but still a nice video. That GT-500 sounds nice! What was the stumble on the start, towards the end of the video?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Nice! Can you get a bigger sig lol jk

Anything is possible! LOL

Wish it was done during the day, but still a nice video. That GT-500 sounds nice! What was the stumble on the start, towards the end of the video?

Yeah, me too. We were heading back from the track last night at about 2200 when I took those videos. I do have the link for a daytime video of him stomping it. Lemme see if I can find it...

He has a certain way he likes to launch the car. Traction control on and dump it at about 3,000RPM - pedal to the floor at the same time. The traction control makes it stumble for a quick second then lets out and it's never without traction after that. I just figured I'd try launching it the way he does it. Works pretty well! Doesn't leave quite like my fox does, but he catches up! :burnout:

*EDIT*

Found the video. The first part is him just flying by, but after that it's him messing around with a nitrous '13 5.0. You see how he beats him on the first run, after that he's staying out of it to mess with Thomas (5.0 owner).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201899749233812&set=vb.118803004875455&type=2&theater

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Got to drive my brother in laws 07 GT500. Makes low 5xxs to the tire. Really smooth acceleration. I guess thats what you get with throttle by wire. My Cobra feels so much more raw. Theyll be in town over Christmas and didnt understand what I meant so Ill take them for a spin

Users who are viewing this thread