Got weight reduction?

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Ok I know it's not a lot but I think I got no less than 50lbs, what do you guys think? Im heading to T&T for probably the last time until next spring. My buddy is letting me borrow his et streets and I figured with the good traction I could shed a few pounds. I think Im going to get a AAA membership tomorrow just in case I need a tow truck ride to ford:rolling:

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by DRIVINGLESSON
THAT BLACK BRACKET THAT THE SEATS MOUNT TO IS WORTH ANOTHER 5-10 LBS

I was getting tired and said screw it! How does it come off?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
And unless you plan on mounting child seats back there, you can just leave it out.

Dana

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
And unless you plan on mounting child seats back there, you can just leave it out.

Dana

Thats my plan Dan! I was going to put a rear seat delete for looks but I kind of like the gutted dragracing look!

Mike

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Take that other black bracket on the floor out. It's gotta weigh 5 lbs or so, it's pretty beefy. I must say, I like my rear seat delete alot. Weigh is the only thing holding this car back from stupid times!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Remove the seatbelts back there. The retractors under the panel are chunky at weight a least a few pounds each.

Mike

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Club 33
If I remember correctly, there is a bolt at each end and 2 nuts under the little plastic cover in the middle. About 2 minutes work.

Dana

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Cool I will check it out. You guys think I should take the plastic panelling out from the sides were the seat belts are???

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Club "33"
Cool I will check it out. You guys think I should take the plastic panelling out from the sides were the seat belts are???
I wouldnt bother. Have you removed the passenger's seat as well?

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
I wouldnt bother. Have you removed the passenger's seat as well?

Not yet but I was thinking about it. I did it before and it is very simple. Plus it weighs more than the back seat I think.

seunglee

Established Member
Hows the interior noise? When your on the freeway or cruising around. Also, what about going over bumps? Do you think it got a little noisier?

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Club 33
If I remember correctly, there is a bolt at each end and 2 nuts under the little plastic cover in the middle. About 2 minutes work.

Dana

You were right, I didn't realize that was a plastic cover. Too many rolling rocks! God I love being laid off!!!!!:beer:

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by seunglee
Hows the interior noise? When your on the freeway or cruising around. Also, what about going over bumps? Do you think it got a little noisier?

I had to take a trip to get a tool. Much noisier but I don't have the rear seat delete yet. I bet that will tone down the noise some.

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Ok guys I went back and took out the lower seat bracket that is in the picture and also took out the seat belts. I might of got another 10lbs max. I only did the seat belts cause Im putting a rear seat delete from yellow mustang registry and thought why keep them if Im not going to use them. Its very noisy but I will work on that after I get the rear seat delete. I think that will kill most of the noise. I'll post track times Saturday night.

Mike

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
The only bad part now is you'll need a sawsall to cut those bolts that protrude up from where you just took the braket off. On the hump in the middle of the car. ymr dosen't tell you about that. No big deal, they are pretty soft studs. Use a sawsall instead of a grinder because you'll get a bunch of sparks grinding.

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
The only bad part now is you'll need a sawsall to cut those bolts that protrude up from where you just took the braket off. On the hump in the middle of the car. ymr dosen't tell you about that. No big deal, they are pretty soft studs. Use a sawsall instead of a grinder because you'll get a bunch of sparks grinding.

Cool, thanks for letting me know man. Thats funny you say that cause I have read the instructions, they never said a thing about that. They always do that shit, I hate that! No problem though, I got the tools. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread