Got weight reduction?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I didn't cut the bolts off. I drilled out a 1 X 4 board with holes to match the studs and laid it over them. It extends to the front of the lower replacement piece. It provides slightly more support and allows the lower portion to align better. I'm not afraid to lay a jacket and my laptop on it now.

Dana

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
With the rsd in I thought the car was just as quiet as it has ever been. One side note though, when I took the plastic pieces of the sail panels to take out the seat belts and install new ones, I noticed there were 3 or 4 fasteners missing from each side. I was wondering why I got a rattle from back there, now I know. Picked up some more fasteners at ford for the reinstall and now the rattles are gone!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
That bracket and bolt setup was a late addition from Ford, most likely after the directions were written. The bracket was installed by Ford beginning September 01, 2002.
YMR should rewrite the instructions though, it's been a year.

Dana

Last edited:

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Cool! Thanks guys. I cant wait to get the rsd installed. It looks kind of funny all bare and stuff but I like it! Do any of you guys have pictures of the inside of your cars???

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Looks great! What did you do for seat belts. You said you got new ones??? Do you have different seats????

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Here is the hard part to choke down. 2700 or so with leather and brackets and belts. Not so bad considering you can get 1500 for the stockers on ebay.

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Here is the hard part to choke down. 2700 or so with leather and brackets and belts. Not so bad considering you can get 1500 for the stockers on ebay.

:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread