GOts me a new toy :) [bike]

Redfire03

Established Member
My son is looking at getting a Buel. I havent been in the market for bikes in a long time. What is the performance on a Buel? What bike is it comparable to? Any performance statistics?

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
My neighbor let me ride his Buel with titanium xhaust and numerous
other mod$....It's a blast to ride(Like the Ducati's also) compared
to the Jap bikes(Speed Demons)twins are another breed to ride....

Very very fun bikes to ride.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Redfire03 said:
My son is looking at getting a Buel. I havent been in the market for bikes in a long time. What is the performance on a Buel? What bike is it comparable to? Any performance statistics?

Well the 1203 motor puts down 98 hp and 75 [i think] tw, vs the 983's 92/60.

These things will get walked all over by just about any crotch rocket style bike in a straight line. A Buell is built for cruising, and mauling the hell out of corners. They are very light and have an extremely low CG, so they're super easy to flick around.

I'm really not sure what to compare them to, in the bike world- they're super torquey, low rpm grunt motors. If you want a really fast straightline bike, these arente bikes for ya. They are, however, very easy to ride, have a upright seating position so they're quite comfortable for extended runs, plus, pretty much every nut and fastener on the thing is a work of art. You dont even have to ride it to smile. just sittin in the garage staring at is is great :)

tuke

I am t3h Banned
Established Member
That is such a sweet bike (might be my next) However, I'd never buy one brand new due to their poor re sale value

sweet bike though, I love everything about it

macworld

Established Member
Snarf said:
Well the 1203 motor puts down 98 hp and 75 [i think] tw, vs the 983's 92/60.

These things will get walked all over by just about any crotch rocket style bike in a straight line. A Buell is built for cruising, and mauling the hell out of corners. They are very light and have an extremely low CG, so they're super easy to flick around.

I'm really not sure what to compare them to, in the bike world- they're super torquey, low rpm grunt motors. If you want a really fast straightline bike, these arente bikes for ya. They are, however, very easy to ride, have a upright seating position so they're quite comfortable for extended runs, plus, pretty much every nut and fastener on the thing is a work of art. You dont even have to ride it to smile. just sittin in the garage staring at is is great :)
i have a 97 tls1000 with 120 rwhp, and a 98 vtr1000f with 106rwhp, both bikes are about 71 lbs of trq. when you say you have 98 hp, is that at the wheel, or the flywheel?

sikklightning04

sikklightning04
Established Member
Nice ride....lots of low end tq in those bikes...(sure beats RPM-ing the crap of my 600RR) which makes them great for around town. Stock they sound great and even better with an exhaust kit....they'll just sit there and rumble. I love the brakes, wheels, and translucent "tank"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
macworld said:
i have a 97 tls1000 with 120 rwhp, and a 98 vtr1000f with 106rwhp, both bikes are about 71 lbs of trq. when you say you have 98 hp, is that at the wheel, or the flywheel?

As it turns out, i was slightly mistaken- here's the spec sheet for the bike:

http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/lightning/xb12s/specs.asp

I would assume all numbers are at the crank. I don't know for sure though.

macworld

Established Member
i really like the way those bikes look, however, i can not justify the price on them. i know that they are cutting edge in alot of different ways, however, still to much money for my tastes. i love the twins though. you gotta love the grunt of a twin. my tls is more powerful, but i really like the vtr the most. it is a little lighter, and alot smaller. fun stuff though. i like your bike alot.

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
wow, that is beautifull... congrats man, i could see myself riding a bike like this.

trottlebody

Established Member
Congrats on the bike! Since everyone commenting on this thread seem to bike enthusiasts, I have a question. Can a Harley/Chopper/Cruiser type bike be as fast as a crotch rocket etc GSXR, Busa?

IllestSVT

Established Member
Beautiful bike man! I ride an 06' Gsxr 600 and love it. The riding position on the buell does look pretty comfy. Stay safe out there and have fun man!

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys! :) gixxers and the like are amazing machines, they just don't do it for me like lumpy twins do :) Sure, there are faster things out there, but there is a lot to be said for low end grunt, unique [and cool looking] tech, and being a piece of art on wheels.

Plus, get a good rider int he twisties on one of these things, and I'd like to see anyone try and keep up :) They're nasty as hell in the turns.

Users who are viewing this thread