gracie vs matt round 2 ahahahaa

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i havent watched UFC since the old days.....when did they start wearing gloves? that's gotta change things (not that it would help gracie any). when did gracie stop wearing a ghie(sp?) during fights? i thought he liked to use them to his advantage... or did the ufc stop allowing them?

weak fight, glad i didnt spend $40 to see it. thanks for posting this video. gracie should have just stayed out :( although he is still a legend for his fights back in the day. those were absolutely unbelievable. :bowdown:

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
Easy fellas,Matt is a bada$$ and proabaly the greatest fighter in ufc history.Just thought i would stir the pot a little ufc is way diffrent then it was years ago.I do on the other hand think shamrock is the only old school guy to adapt to the new gen of
fighters,the guy is an absoulte nut case when he fights in my opinion will he win is another story.I guess will have to see what he can do with tito.I myself was a hugh tank abbott fan,man that guy could throw a punch.

mojo03cobra!

Ok, a WIN is a win and Matt dominated Royce, but I offer this comparison.
Royce played on Matt's turf by modern UFC weight class and fighting rules. Gee, it's much easier for Matt to fight one guy of the same weight than for Royce to fight ANYBODY at ANY weight and to do so for three consecutive rounds. Matt just has to beat one guy and call it a night. Royce had to beat three guys in order to win with each fight lasting anywhere from a minute to fifteen minutes.
Like I said, a win is a win, but there's a huge difference in how they both became champions. I'd like to see Matt win like Royce did in the UFC's early days.

ls1marine

GO BIG
Established Member
Robb327 said:
Everyone thinks matt is the baddest fighter there is,he has been beat and will get beat again.Gracie made a mistake and it cost him,he never gave up the ref called it he has been beat up alot worse than that by Dan the beast an not give up.Don't be surprised to see a rematch with a diffrent outcome.Watch some old matches with gracie being the underdog and see what the outcome is.
thats dumb and if gracie thinks he still has a chance in a MMA fight then he is

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
i doubt there will be a rematch, the fight wasnt close enough. Im sure gracie will keep fighting, but id be surprised to see him in UFC again.
he still is a world-class fighter.

mojo03cobra!

And after watching the fight on FoxSports, I find out they used the modern rules of 3 five minute rounds. Royce couldn't wear his gi, it wasn't a title fight, and Matt didn't have to make weight. In my mind, it certainly slants Matt's win. It shows just how much Royce gave Matt in coming into "his" world and just how much the UFC did to protect their current money maker.

I'd like to see Matt fight Frank Shamrock.

AZSnake98 said:
I knew gracie was gunna get dominated... he's washed up just like Ken Shamrock.

Thank you for posting this I REALLY wanted to see it!!! u are the shit!

Yeah....and the worst part is....He would kick ALL of our a s s e :kaboom: s!!!!!

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks for posting up the fight. I wouldn't pay $40 bucks to see it. I figured Matt would dominate that bout, which he did. Too bad. Matt's a great fighter, but I can't stand him. Just don't like his arrogance (sp?).

I'd like to see Matt fight St Pierre.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
ls1marine said:
hahah yea i could not just let it kick my A$$ like that

just like a Marine, he will not be denied in his course of action. Even on the small details! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread