Granatelli 4V coil packs - anyone run them??

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Are they worth buying or should I just go with a Plasma Booster or BAS or something of that sort?

Discuss.....

Thanks...

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
I'm making 600/600 to the wheels on a stock ignition and I'm thinking I might need to beef it up a little. Plus I'm going to be running nitrous before long and I would love to do all of the supporting mods first.

GodStang

Established Member
WeaponX weaponX weaponX. That is all you need to know. 100% better on every level. I am not going to turn this into a bashing thread.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
not sure about the weapon X's but i know with the GMS coils in the lightnings they have been nothing but problems. hell on that note i cant think of any of the aftermarket coils that havnt given people problems.

beabout

Established Member
not sure about the weapon X's but i know with the GMS coils in the lightnings they have been nothing but problems. hell on that note i cant think of any of the aftermarket coils that havnt given people problems.

+1 stock are actually very good....

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
So for those that have run the Granatelli's and experience "minor" performance gains, yet some say the Weapon X's are better how do the Weapon X's fare as far as performance you can feel or see on a dyno? Anybody running the X's?

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
The write up was informative and educational however, although I understand perfectly engineering most people just want numbers. Numbers sell, then once sold, the explanation of how a company achieved said gains would be usefull. I read the entire thread with no mention of any dyno runs, even though several posts asked for them using three different and independent cars and modifications.

GodStang

Established Member
The write up was informative and educational however, although I understand perfectly engineering most people just want numbers. Numbers sell, then once sold, the explanation of how a company achieved said gains would be usefull. I read the entire thread with no mention of any dyno runs, even though several posts asked for them using three different and independent cars and modifications.

The thing is when people ask for numbers and they get numbers then they say the numbers are not valid because it was not an independent 3rd party. I will be running a dyno on these before and after but it will not be for a couple months.

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
Just read that 20 page write up on COPs and, all things considered, I'm gonna go with the Weapon X COPs. They seem like they're really well manufactured and seem to be a superior design.

Hey GodStang, did you end up getting these for yours? Did they improve driveability at all? What were some of the other significant changes you noticed after installing them? Let me know...... (if you got them that is....)

whiteboyz79

I'll be your Huckleberry
Established Member
The thing is when people ask for numbers and they get numbers then they say the numbers are not valid because it was not an independent 3rd party. I will be running a dyno on these before and after but it will not be for a couple months.

I concur. However I, along with most members on here, would more than likely be satisfied with results from other members. Be it physical numbers from dyno runs, or just personal experiences after installations. I look forward to reading your results! Did you mention if you had the Weapon X's I can't remember? Just curious what you'll be putting on...

Users who are viewing this thread