Grand Sport Shut Down by 5.0

MoonRider

Established Member
I was on my way home from the store when a red Corvette GrandSport roll up be side me at the light. I had the Windows down since it was nice out. Then the guy holla at me asked if wanted to run I said sure. He told me he just got the car and wanted to try it out. Well he rolled his Windows up and so did I. we staged up I gunned the 5.0 up about 2,200 rpms I already turned T/C off since that's the first thing I do when I get in the car. Not sure what this guys doing but I could hear him reving light turned green I instantly jumped a car in front and held that lead till about 115 when I let off he rolled back up beside me agian round two we slow back to about 45 we gear down I hear his car sounds like he is almost rev out ? Not sure. Well I honked if off as soon as we took off he shifted I pulled a fender on him held him till about 120 I let off. I think he must be new to a stick car or he really couldn't drive for shit so I beat the driver not the car I'm sure if the Vette had a good driver it would of been a lose for me but ill take win how ever it comes.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I posted a vid up of a stock 5.0 beating a stock grand sport in vids and pics buffet a couple weeks ago. Even with the weight difference, the 5.0 stangs are a good race against grand sport vettes for whatever reason.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Having driven two coyotes and also my fathers 12 grand sport, this is totally believable. The only thing that impressed me with the gs were the brakes. I'd take a coyote over one any day, for several reasons.

MoonRider

Established Member
You should run against a c6 z06 next lol

I think ill ask him when the track opens ill get a few runs with him lol

Thanks guy s I can't wait to start modding this car for being stock it gets down .

Users who are viewing this thread