Great dyno numbers with simple mods

PhillyCobra

Established Member
First dyno today, at NMRA meet at Atco. Dynojet set up from Werx Motorsports. Dyno seemed accurate, with most guys geting numbers less than they got from their tuners. With just PHP cold air intake and Magnaflow catback (no baffles), I got 410 HP SAE, with 366 lb-ft torque. HP was still climbing when run stopped at 6400 RPM. I think good numbers are because my air/fuel really wasn't bad, slowly going down from 13 at 3500 to 11 at 6000 RPM. My car was made in December, with computer code YDH1. Seems as if this code is less rich at high revs, and runs better, than a lot of 1st run cars. Wish I had dynoed car before mods, but these numbers are really impressive from an essentially stock engine. If my factory tune is indicative of current code, seems there would not be too much to gain from a custom chip, other than some timing.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Damn those are good numbers ..
With lt's , h or x pipe and maybe even t-body you should be well at 430 ...
And then comes the pullies .:D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Great numbers. How many miles on the clock? My car is YDH0, and is really rich on the top and made 13 less HP and 11 more torque with virtually identical mods (9" filter and catback - Flowmaster).

PhillyCobra

Established Member
3,000 miles on the clock. Broke it in gently.

Jim, does the chip give more torque primarily with timing or A/F? Would you run much leaner than 11 to 1 for the street?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Good HP number, but a little shy on torque. Can you post a graph showing your A/F?

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by PhillyCobra
3,000 miles on the clock. Broke it in gently.

Jim, does the chip give more torque primarily with timing or A/F? Would you run much leaner than 11 to 1 for the street?

Timing curve,, Helps TQE a bunch
As for stock timing it is about 21.5.Most chips are about 23..some go as high as 26 on race setup..
The Chip really wakes car up..I like AF up top about 11.5...Conservative but it leaves a bit of room for error..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
A custom chip would give you a good TQE increase
Yep, it sure will!
:beer:

P.S. Jim, glad I got to meet you at Atco. Did you stay late? We left around 4:30 when it started to rain (again!).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread