Great Way to Start the Morning... NOT

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
So on top of someone killing our resident road runner we named Jeffrey this morning, I go to start the car today and it starts perfectly fine. Out of nowhere about five seconds in I begin hearing a high pressure hiss so I get out to investigate and I see this.

20130610082854.jpg

So I get under the car and I see I have ran into a nice problem (And noticed my rusted clamps, awesome).

20130610083322.jpg

I'm thinking about getting a 3-4 inch rubber hose with some screw-tight clamps for a band-aid and limp it down to the hobby shop and throw a whole new line in.

Would I have to replace the entire line (rubber and metal) or just the rubber piece?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
replace the entire line, high pressure rated. Should be fine to limp it to the auto shop/store...just will be manual steering to get there. GL

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
replace the entire line, high pressure rated. Should be fine to limp it to the auto shop/store...just will be manual steering to get there. GL

Isn't there an issue with burning the pump out while driving it with no fluid?

testorossa1989

Established Member
Something similar happened to me this weekend, and today my GT door decided not to latch close in the rain so i had to drive home windows down holding the door closed. Atleast you found the problem and it wasnt serious. If i were you id go OCD and start replacing all those clamps and anything rust prone.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Something similar happened to me this weekend, and today my GT door decided not to latch close in the rain so i had to drive home windows down holding the door closed. Atleast you found the problem and it wasnt serious. If i were you id go OCD and start replacing all those clamps and anything rust prone.

Yes, definitely a good call. I have a feeling if I don't get to them now this may be occuring more often in the future. That's what I get for buying a car from the most northern state in the U.S.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Worst part is Im going to the field tomorrow for three days then a ten mile hike Friday.

Sounds like a perfect start to a shit week for me.

By the way what's the price look like for one of these?

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
There sure as heck is!!! Don't drive that car until you fix the hose. Not to mention you won't have power brakes, either.

Yeah definitely knew there was, I've heard of people driving on burnt out pumps and not having power steering but my pump still works like a charm.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At least it didn't happen out in the boonies somewhere with nobody/nothing around for a hundred miles. You'll have it fixed nicely soon enough. Just a little bump in life. Could have been worse.

Users who are viewing this thread