Griggs/BMR install

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
UPDATED 9-21-15 with Install/Pics Post#31

I thought I would share my current project with everyone.

I have been stockpiling parts for a suspension install for awhile and finally got around this winter to getting the install done.

I have a Griggs Watts link, Torque arm, and Koni Coil overs front and rear.
BMR K member, A arms w/brace, Radiator support, and Chassis brace CB004.

I also am having installed a MGW shifter, Magnaflow #16674 exhaust, Stainless Works H pipe, Flaming River steering shaft, JLT rear axle expansion tank, and FRPP rear seat delete. In addition to a many suspension parts already on the car.

As you can see from the list this install has turned into quite a project! :pepper:

I want to thank Van at Revan Racing for his help and expertise and Bill and Tom at AHM (After Hours Mustangs) who have handled the install.

I cant say enough about AHM and what an outstanding job they have done on the install, really taking their time to make sure everything has been right. I am very happy with all their work so far and very excited about how everything has come together.

I have not driven the car yet with these mods and probably wont for at least another 2 months till the weather breaks. So I cant comment on how any of this has affected handling, ride, NVH etc.

The car isn't finished but I thought I would post some pics of what is done so far.

20140201_090424_zpsb3c589bf.jpg

095d7103-d553-447a-bc1e-8a23f95f9df9_zpsf54041a4.jpg

20140201_090557_zpsd3075462.jpg

20140201_112553_zpsaad91468.jpg

20140201_103205_zps9fbed1ff.jpg

Last edited:

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Congrats man! I had a Griggs/BMR suspension much similar to your put on last fall through Van as well. Totally transforms the way the car handles. A noticeable increase in NVH ya but well worth it! Beast at the track and my driving coach said he was very impressed by how well it handled after he drove for a few laps

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Clint, when I think of one of the cleanest rides around yours comes to mind. Your mods are always well thought out and extremely tasteful. Very methodical and exactly what I would expect from a guy like you. Thumbs up brother - you've done a heck of a job.

Tob

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Clint, when I think of one of the cleanest rides around yours comes to mind. Your mods are always well thought out and extremely tasteful. Very methodical and exactly what I would expect from a guy like you. Thumbs up brother - you've done a heck of a job.

Tob

Wow that means a lot coming from someone with your mod capabilities/history. Thx Tob!

cobraboss

Established Member
Blueovalkid, just wandering why you went with BMR k-member instead of the Griggs SLA k-member?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks great, very nice install.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
Blueovalkid, just wandering why you went with BMR k-member instead of the Griggs SLA k-member?

The cheapest kit that uses the Griggs SLA front suspension is the GR40ST kit and it is $8113.90 and the SLA k is $1300 on its own. The BMR k is $500

What did they have to do with your headers to get the H pipe to fit with the torque arm?

We didn't have to do anything to the headers but the H pipe and to be slightly modified. The H requires less modification to work with the Torque arm than the X pipe does.

BMR Tech

There are no words to describe the BMR/Griggs combo.

Good job OP, and everyone involved. Enjoy it. ;)

Van@RevanRacing

Really looks nice blue oval. I especially like how you took the components and made them your own and customized the look. Thanks for the business and hopefully as soon as the weather clears you can get out and test the new suspension.

Don't forget to do your 500 mile bolt check throughout the suspension!

Thanks again.

Van

Imatk

Established Member
Looks awesome man.

And that's got to be the cleanest undercarriage I've ever seen!

Looks like it rolled off the showroom floor... do you have many miles?? Or do you just clean it alot :)

Van@RevanRacing

Blue Oval answered you in another post however I thought I would expand further. The Griggs K-Member is specific to the SLA that Griggs makes and is not compatible with the standard MacPherson strut assembly that our cars come with from the factory.

For those that don't know what SLA means it stands for Short Arm Long Arm. Complete transformation of the front chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread