Ground Control vs. Eibach Coil Overs?

Imatk

Established Member
Holee crap balls! Well the Eibach is the way I'm going then I guess.

Eibach coil overs and I guess the FRPP sways.

Thanks man :)

Blaine

Established Member
Holee crap balls! Well the Eibach is the way I'm going then I guess.

Eibach coil overs and I guess the FRPP sways.

Thanks man :)

I'm sure that the other Coilover brands are just as light or maybe lighter. I just can't find their weights anywhere.:read:

chuckstang

Established Member
Struts and shocks are not Griggs speciality and they're had a long relationship, 30+ years, with Koni.

I'd be guessing if I tried to answer this question, but the reason could be the same as above.

I've used both in my GT500 and true rear coil overs produce a completely different feel then shocks with stock location springs and adjustable spring perches.

So I am assuming the differene is for the better with true coil overs in the rear?

Also, does Griggs use koni or GC parts for their coil overs?

Lastly, how do you know what springs you need/want, I guess you buy them individually

I wish I could move coil overs up on the wish list :/

chuckstang

Established Member
Are the FRPP front and rear sway bars any good if used with say some other coil over kit?

I know Ford markets the handling pack as a kit designed to work together so if one swaps the FRPP springs/dampers for some coil overs, have you just hurt performance indirectly?

Dave07997S

Established Member
The rear C/O solution is intriguing and since the car was originally designed for an IRS I don't think there should be issues. However, where the rear C/O shocks now mount is it reinforced for handling the spring pressure directly on that mounting point? There were a lot of people who mounted C/O's on SN95 cars only to find the strut towers crack from the pounding.

Dave

Blaine

Established Member
Are the FRPP front and rear sway bars any good if used with say some other coil over kit?

I know Ford markets the handling pack as a kit designed to work together so if one swaps the FRPP springs/dampers for some coil overs, have you just hurt performance indirectly?

Eibach makes front and rear sway bars as well. But I believe the TWO main components that are suppose to be the same brand are the Shocks/Springs since they work together as one. Using say.. Steeda shocks with Eibach springs may result in poor performance together.

Sway bars are pretty much made a % of stiffness over stock which can be compensated for by correct settings on the Coilovers IF there was any decrease in performance. I couldn't think of any problems
related to the swaybars in relation to shocks/springs unless you put on a set which were not stronger/stiffer than stock or you just took them off.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread