GSX1000 vs 351w based Stang $4k race

NJ04Cobra

DUMPS FTMFW
Established Member
The Stang runs mid to low 9's on nitrous....

Three main problems IMO:
1. Stang's setup is for spray (converter/gears etc)
2. If he can't hook on motor w/ a powerglide & off the footbrake
then he should prob stick to racing at the track
3. The rider (Ed) weighs ~145lbs and can ride

Vid of Ed riding same bike at track + ext swing arm (1.43 60ft DAYUM!)
YouTube - 2007 K7Etown NJ Testing it Stretched

Nobody is touching Eddie on a bike. I was there that night and have seen him put a lot of bigger bikes away on the trailer. You need one HELL of a car to take him out.

Eddie FTW (again) :rockon:

Freddy

burnzilla

Established Member
Cars need 500+ rwhp just to hang with a 600.
600's hit a wall at about 140mph due to their weight/aero's.

Liter bikes can run 9's stock, trap crazy speeds and can tap 180-200 mph in stock form.
In youre keeping up with a properly driven Busa, you have a atleast a low 10 second car.

My brother had a 2001 R1 with a Micron exhaust, flattened SOTA headers, carbon fiber parts.
A guy with a 03 Cobra that ran mid 10's said he could stay with the bike. Didn't happen.
He did moderately ok at very high speeds, only because aerodynamics where in his favor, but it was wayyy to late.
You gotta be packin to run with a liter bike.

Last edited:

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Ugh....So he put up 4,000 and didn't even run hs car to full potential against a VERY strong opponent? Did i miss something? Like stated about the guy had a car setup for a big shot of spray and didn't run it? Had he run the shot (im guessing 300-500shot?) that race would have looked different

Was this a stipulation of the race or was he just that over confident? (I.E. Stupid?)

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Cars need 500+ rwhp just to hang with a 600.
600's hit a wall at about 140mph due to their weight/aero's.

Liter bikes can run 9's stock, trap crazy speeds and can tap 180-200 mph in stock form.
In youre keeping up with a properly driven Busa, you have a atleast a low 10 second car.

My brother had a 2001 R1 with a Micron exhaust, flattened SOTA headers, carbon fiber parts.
A guy with a 03 Cobra that ran mid 10's said he could stay with the bike. Didn't happen.
He did moderately ok at very high speeds, only because aerodynamics where in his favor, but it was wayyy to late.
You gotta be packin to run with a liter bike.

I smoked a 600 Suzuki going over the Golden Gate Bridge.
When we got to the end of the bridge, the rider was scratching his head
That's when my car was almost new with only CAI and exhaust.
It only had maybe a little over 420 RWHP. Maybe 425 at best. Just CAI was 412 RWHP.
I had it tuned with just CAI, didn't need to tune it with just ex.
Kodak moment.

Jeff

Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member
ok ok i KNOW its crap vid but here is a busa with a good rider and a shorty pipe and dynojet power comander vs my wifes vert

the car following us is a 11.5 at 121 mph car so you can easily see how hard we disapear on him

You cant see the end but if you listen you can clearly hear the driver of the chase car say dean has him then laugh when i put my hazards on the bike.
th_0420082334.jpg

Last edited:

Smoked SVT

Established Member
ok ok i KNOW its crap vid but here is a busa with a good rider and a shorty pipe and dynojet power comander vs my wifes vert

the car following us is a 11.5 at 121 mph car so you can easily see how hard we disapear on him

You cant see the end but if you listen you can clearly hear the driver of the chase car say dean has him then laugh when i put my hazards on the bike.

What does your wifes car run? Must run in the 9's or low 10's.

turbosaleen

Established Member
It has never been to the track its a driver convertible no cage no nothing just a load of horsepower it makes 750 rwhp and 780- rwtq and weighs about 3200 pounds the bike said he traped 142 mph that week so i would guess 144-145 mph trap speed on the vert

Smoked SVT

Established Member
It has never been to the track its a driver convertible no cage no nothing just a load of horsepower it makes 750 rwhp and 780- rwtq and weighs about 3200 pounds the bike said he traped 142 mph that week so i would guess 144-145 mph trap speed on the vert

Nice, awesome dd btw. sure beats my 98 contour...lol

speed_junkie

Established Member
Ugh....So he put up 4,000 and didn't even run hs car to full potential against a VERY strong opponent? Did i miss something? Like stated about the guy had a car setup for a big shot of spray and didn't run it? Had he run the shot (im guessing 300-500shot?) that race would have looked different

Was this a stipulation of the race or was he just that over confident? (I.E. Stupid?)

$4k was total pot, I think each driver put in at least a $1,000
Ed on bike did a good job giving them all the 'stips they wanted
and rode his ass off...

As far as car on spray, it works on the track but
he can't hook the car on motor(street) :shrug:

Last edited:

blacksrt

Established Member
I smoked a 600 Suzuki going over the Golden Gate Bridge.
When we got to the end of the bridge, the rider was scratching his head
That's when my car was almost new with only CAI and exhaust.
It only had maybe a little over 420 RWHP. Maybe 425 at best. Just CAI was 412 RWHP.
I had it tuned with just CAI, didn't need to tune it with just ex.
Kodak moment.

Jeff

maybe a suzuki katana 600......

blacksrt

Established Member

It sounds like the bike started in 4th gear..........

a busa can do 100mph in 1st gear.....obviously the busa rider didn't ride the bike to its potential.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
maybe a suzuki katana 600......
I'm not riding bikes these days.
My last bike was a 1969 Kawasaki 500cc 2 stroke triple. Frist bike with electronic ignition that I know of. When you turned the key on it had a sonalert. The audio went BEEP.
http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indivbikes/Kawasaki/H1-500.html

The bike I raced looked line a mini busa.
All around smaller including the rear wheel.
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/suzuki_gsx-r_600_2004.php
It was the year 2004.
Jeff

Last edited:

punchit

Established Member
busas are comparable to say a gsxr 1000 as far as speed goes. Yes the busa have 300 more cc but they are 100 pounds heavier. The gsxr is 380 and busa is 480 which makes a huge difference on a bike

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
The guy on the bike can ride for sure.

Running bikes from a roll becomes pretty much a horsepower to weight battle with some aerodynamics thrown in.

Dean's video was like a bad acid trip.

Users who are viewing this thread