Gt @ 205 Mph!!!!!!!!!

Paul Vincent

Established Member
From Ferrarichat .com: The speed announced at Nardo was 205; the speed actually attained was 213. With minor tweaks, the Ford GT's engine will have 750 crank hp. This information is from a Mark IV (GT 40 owner).

Paul Vincent

Established Member
A speed limiter will restrict the GT to 205? Is that what you're saying? Somehow those GT owners who want to derestrict the GT (from 205) will do so (ZX12R and Hayabusa owners already do this).

Bill L.

Established Member
i bet with a simple gear swap, smaller supercharger pully, a nice cam, and exaust and u retune the computer you could do about 235 and at that speed you wont want nothing arround u shelby now makes a car that dose 249 mph and its not the series 1 and it already has a tv in it lol whats the top speed on a vette like 155 even tho the speedo goes to 200 i dont think it goes anywhere neer that but the fastest ive ever been in a vette was about 130 going out to belle glade on this 2 lane road and theres nothing arround you exsept sugarcane and the road just gose str8 for like 50 miles

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
A speed limiter will restrict the GT to 205? Is that what you're saying? Somehow those GT owners who want to derestrict the GT (from 205) will do so (ZX12R and Hayabusa owners already do this).

Yep, not that anyone cares since this is a discussion about the awsome GT, but the 2000ZX12 was and always will be the fastest production bike made in the US. It was that bike (with its 220mph speedo) that prompted the gov. to start speed restrictions on bikes. So, I just buy a "bonneville box" from Muzzy for $80, wire it into my 2001zx12 ECU, and bingo - no more speed limiter.

GT owners, like cobra owners will just get a chip, to bypass the speed/rev limiters. Though I do think it is kind of lame to limit a car to 205mph - at that speed, what the hell is the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread